PINK Bathroom?? What to do? Opinions please.

PINK Bathroom?? What to do? Opinions please.

Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2014 · 160 posts · 35 votes

Hey BP,

It seems like I've chaffed about 20 questions today alone, but here's the most recent.

I have a flip that I'm rehabbing and I keep scratching my head when I look at this PINK bathroom.  The whole theme is pink to include the toilet and the tub.

I'm considering leaving it and taking a hit on the selling price.  It's in fair shape, and I'm concerned that if I spend the money to rehab it, I may not get my money back out of it.

I've also considered painting over everything a white or neutral color and painting the tub.  Someone else also mentioned a cover they can put on tubs these days.  I haven't fully researched these options.

I want your opinions, please.  Thank you.

Cheers,

-Sam

0Reply
138 views

Most Popular Reply

Shenandoah Valley, VA · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 35 votes
10y

never mind the pink tub and toilet, are those GOLD walls?

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor, Attorney, Broker · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 41 votes
    10y

    reglazing isn't a cure all.  that stuff rarely works well.  sometimes it's easier and about the same price to just rip it all out, put in a new acrylic tub & shower surround from home depot ($500), toilet ($120), and vanity ($200).  btw, ALWAYS put in new toilets.  ALWAYS.  when you think the existing toilet will be fine, refer to what i just wrote.  ALWAYS PUT IN NEW TOILETS.  nobody likes the thought of their business sitting on a toilet owned by a previous stranger.  best $120 you can spend in a house. 

  • Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2014 · 160 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    The pink bathroom was likely in vogue some decades ago when it was installed/built.  I don't think it was meant to be retro, but you never know!

    I'll try to keep an update going as we progress  

    I'm thinking remove everything but the tub and invest in a nice floor length shower curtain  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.