I found a distressed property and don't know where to find owner.

I found a distressed property and don't know where to find owner.

Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 0 votes
I found a property that's boarded up and water is shut I would like to get to work on the property but don't know where to locate the owner of person that can help me negotiate a deal.
0Reply
29 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Natalie KolodijBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Tax Strategist| National Tax Educator| Accepting New Clients · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    Pull up the property tax assessor website online 

    It will provide information on the owner and mailing address associated with the property 

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    So I looked it up and no names or anything come up?
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Morgan Hill, CA · Member since 2015 · 79 posts · 65 votes
    9y

    If the online route fails you, try going into the county seat (Wherever that is for your county) and getting the info in person. I know that here in California, I can pull up the information regarding tax records online as a real estate agent. Try checking with a local real estate agent in your area and see if they have the same kind of access.

    Good Luck,

    R

  • Real Estate Investor · Greenback, TN · Member since 2012 · 268 posts · 115 votes
    9y

    @Rene Perez, The Register of Deeds or tax office at your local courthouse will have all of the owner's information.  It's all public record so you should have no trouble getting the info.  Getting a response from the owner is another matter altogether.  It's worth a try though!  Good luck!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I'm in Chicago. Does is work the same way. I look at the cook county tax assessor website. I found the name but no contact info. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.