Kitchen remodeling Granite counter top and wall,base cabinets

Kitchen remodeling Granite counter top and wall,base cabinets

Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 304 posts · 48 votes

Hi, I need to change kitchen Granite counter top and cabinets for my first rental unit.

Can somebody advice on this like how to get good deal, how much it can cost labor + material etc

I live in Bayonne in New jersey.

Thanks

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · WASHINGTON State · Member since 2015 · 179 posts · 67 votes
9y

I personally like the 3 cm white quartz, looks clean and modern. 

We have a couple different suppliers we use, not sure if one is ceasar stone. All quartz will stain and burn as it is a synthetic product

The RTA cabinets are more expensive then big box stores. I used Ikea cabinets a few different times and don't care for them much. If you do have a problem with the product a couple years or sometimes less, the product you used will usually be discontinued and not able to match. Also it should be noted the ikea cabinets never get delivered when they say they will, atleast not on any projects we have completed with them. They also do not come with a riser or toe kick so the cabinet is not all the way against the floor. The risers / toe kicks are additional charges. 

For a rental I would use a higher quality cabinet that is built with plywood boxes not particle board as renters are hard on things. I would also have all soft close doors and drawers as some people like to slam cupboards and drawers and the soft close will help to reduce damage if, or more like, when done by the tenants.

Here are a couple pictures of kitchens and bathrooms we have done with quartz and granite.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Killeen, TX · Member since 2017 · 337 posts · 100 votes
    6y

    @Matt Gragg hello, this is probably late but I appreciate you posting some of the work you've done. It really is beautiful and it has a higher quality feel to it.

    If you don't mind me asking, what do you do to make a B/C type property stand out? The ones on your pictures are probably in the higher end. I just bought my first 4plex and I want to improve the kitchen coz it has the stock plastic counter tops with the boring brown cabinets.

    Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.