What to do with old trim and tub

What to do with old trim and tub

Investor · Bloomington, IL · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 4 votes

I am in the process of rehabbing an old house that is approximately 90 years old.  I have taken it down to the studs and have saved all of the trim so far.  I will be using this as a rental and will not be putting back the trim as I am changing some window sizes and there are multiple coats of paint on the trim.

Is this trim worth saving?  Is there a market for it anywhere.  I do not have the time or ambition to do anything with this trim and did not know if I should just throw it in the dumpster or not.  I have been keeping all of the oak 2x4's and been cleaning the nails out of them.

I also have an old cast iron tub, unfortunately not a claw foot.  Same question for that, should I just take it to the recycle yard or is there a market for that.

Doing this work in Bloomington, Illinois.  

Any help or suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Thanks,

Brian

0Reply
29 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    9y

    Donate the trim to a restore and send the tub to scrap.

  • Investor · Bloomington, IL · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Forgot to include pics.

  • Matt PowellPro Member
    Investor · Bloomington, IL · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    Hello Brian,

    Yes, there is a place in Bloomington that you can donate.  I know they collect wood, cabinets, hinges, doors, door knobs, etc. I believe you can check with the Habitat for Humanity ReStore out on West Washington.

    If ever you want to meet up, just to chat and learn from each other. Let's connect. I'm a buy and hold guy here in BloNo with 32 units (currently in negotiations for a duplex) and love meeting with other investors in this area.

    Cheers..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.