partnering with an agent or a GC

partnering with an agent or a GC

Rental Property Investor | Realtor · Jacksonville FL | Savannah Ga |Raleigh NC · Member since 2017 · 467 posts · 161 votes

What is a proposal I can offer an agent to manage a GC for flipping, that has worked for you?

for example  50/50 after a certain profit made?

Im an out of town investor with cash for NC and SC..

0Reply
23 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 54 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    You might want to give me a shout and talk. I believe I have what you need. PM me. Thank you.
  • Contractor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 978 posts · 985 votes
    9y
  • Specialist · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 841 posts · 480 votes
    9y

    @Matt Berklacy is there a different type of partner you can find other than an agent.  I work with agents and contractors all the time.  I've found very few agents that understand construction and almost 0 that have a good grasp on construction costs. 

  • Rental Property Investor | Realtor · Jacksonville FL | Savannah Ga |Raleigh NC · Member since 2017 · 467 posts · 161 votes
    9y

    right thanks!..like me, alot of investors, especially out of the area investors/ rebab/flipers, want to structure something above and beyond paying a contractor for his estimated repairs, (or to an agent for being a project manager for the completion of the rehab above basic selling commission for relisting)  but something to incentivize the deal, like a part commission above and beyond a certain net; offer this to an agent or GC to put extra attention to the deal to completion...you can call this anything you want, a team member, a sweat equity partner..it doesn't matter..but I certainly want to offer a "part" of a deal above and beyond...and repeat with that person...it is a good feeling...and Im out of the area, and if any action is to be taken, I will be semi dependant on somebody to care above and beyond the norm... 

    - from zero experienced flipping guy, matt..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.