My first possible motivated seller how should I do this ?

My first possible motivated seller how should I do this ?

Flipper/Rehabber · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 174 posts · 157 votes

I was contacted yesterday by a woman looking to sell her house. I asked all the usual questions found out she is 4 months behind on her mortgage. She owes about 213k on a house that is probably worth 295-305k . Depending on what it looks like on the inside. I am going to go look at it tomorrow I'm not sure if I should try to buy it myself with hard money which would be very expensive .whole sell it which I've never done and (really not a fan of whole sellers because all the ones I've meet are straight out of a seminar trying to show me "deals" that are no better than what' on the mls and often times on the mls ) sorry for the rant ... I would really like to get the house subject to even if I had to hand the woman 10-15k it could still be cheaper than hard money but could I still flip the house at this point ? Would I have to pay the 4 months back mortgage? Should I contact her bank first to make sure they know what' going on ? I've never done a subject to deal but I understand how it works and If she was intereted I would just explain it to her disclose everything up front and then just contact a real estate attorney to draw up the paper work ..what do you guys think 

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tony WooldridgePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Walla Walla, WA · Member since 2016 · 480 posts · 346 votes
    8y

    @Dustin Mathenia, Full disclosure, I am not and have never done a Sub2 deal. With that said, I would go research every post ever posted on Sub2 deals on BP and see who the SME's (subject matter experts) are on the topic and send them a message asking if they would and or have the time to help you with this matter. I do believe you are on the right track by fully disclosing EVERYTHING to the homeowner as this will either make you or break you as it relates to the REI business. Sorry that I have no further advice on the matter but wish you nothing but luck in your 2017 REI venture! Keep after it and it is only a matter of time before it works!!!! Thanks for allowing me to share.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.