• Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Basic Rehab Analysis Spreadsheet

J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorPosted Jun 8 2010, 12:34

First, this is a test of BP's new File Vault feature...

Secondly, after writing a blog post a couple weeks ago about analyzing rehab/flip deals, I wanted to provide a spreadsheet that summarizes everything I wrote to give other investors a basic template they can use to evaluate their own deals.

Here's the blog post:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2010/03/10/determining-maximum-purchase-price-mpp/

This is a greatly water-downed version of a bigger set of spreadsheets I use for my current business, and anyone who has completed a couple flips probably has their own spreadsheet; but for those who don’t or those who have no idea where to start, this should be helpful. Just being able to see in one place all the costs, expenses, commissions, and fees associated with a typical rehab makes the whole analysis a lot less daunting.

Also, the rundown of typical labor and materials costs on the worksheet should help new investors get a handle on the list of rehab costs they need to consider when doing a rehab project.

The spreadsheet is currently populated with an estimate from a recent flip we completed, just to give an idea of how it’s used.

Hopefully, you’ll find this useful…and hopefully it will give Josh's new feature a good workout...

:D

Loading replies...