Nashville or Memphis for buy and hold?

Nashville or Memphis for buy and hold?

Real Estate Agent · Jackson, TN · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 10 votes
I will be relocating soon and wondering whether Memphis TN or Nashville TN has the best buy and hold ROI. I know the housing market bin Memphis is much lower in value. Memphis is largely lower income (ghetto) while Nashville has a higher housings value, but consist of less poverty stricken areas.
0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 361 posts · 296 votes
    8y

    Hi @Nathan Lilly ,

    I prefer Memphis because the numbers are stronger. Nashville has much higher appreciation potential but it's many times more difficult to find solid returns that surpass Memphis.

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    @Nathan Lilly

    Memphis for buy/hold income. Tough to make the numbers work on rentals in Nashville at the moment with how much appreciation has happened. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.