Finally for tenant out but she left me her fleas

Finally for tenant out but she left me her fleas

Charleston, WV · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 12 votes

Need folks help for ideas to get rid a fleas. Got the tenant out and had the unit cleaned top to bottom including the carpet deep cleaned. It still smell like dogs but I can fix that.

The problem is we in today to drop off stuff to repaint and within a minute we covered in fleas.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have folks interested in the unit as soon as it is ready

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Lincoln City, OR · Member since 2015 · 59 posts · 54 votes
8y

Fels Napa soap (sp?). Sprinkle it over all the carpet and one inch over the edges. Let set 24 hrs and vacume. I never had it fail in all the years I had dogs. I would do this 2x a year when we were leaving for the weekend.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lincoln City, OR · Member since 2015 · 59 posts · 54 votes
    8y

    Fels Napa soap (sp?). Sprinkle it over all the carpet and one inch over the edges. Let set 24 hrs and vacume. I never had it fail in all the years I had dogs. I would do this 2x a year when we were leaving for the weekend.

  • Charleston, WV · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    @Karen Sanders

    Thanks, i hadn't heard that one. i tried to google it but i only came up with bar soap. It says wall world carries it so i will go see. i went to a local farm store and they recommended Diotomacious Earth. i have applied it the same way so if this doesn't work i'll get the soap.

    Thanks again. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Larkspur, CO · Member since 2018 · 198 posts · 179 votes
    8y

    Diatomacious earth should really do it! Great for fleas but also bedbugs, roaches, etc. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Larkspur, CO · Member since 2018 · 198 posts · 179 votes
    8y

    https://www.domyown.com/nyguard-plus-p-2874.html Try this otherwise. 

  • Mike ReynoldsPro Member
    construction · Nacogdoches, TX · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Rodney Morris I second the diatomaceous earth. It will kill everything in there and is non toxic. Vacuum it right up. I always sprinkle it between tenants especially in the bedrooms for bedbugs that you may not see right away. Wear a respirator as it is a really fine powder.

  • Charleston, WV · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    @David S. and @Mike Reynolds, i spread it two days ago so i'm hoping any and all squatters are dead and can be swept away, thanks for the responses

    I found out the hard way about the need for a respirator, should have read the directions.

    Hoping to sweep up today and start painting several rooms.

  • Rental Property Investor · Larkspur, CO · Member since 2018 · 198 posts · 179 votes
    8y

    I'm sure it can be proven to have health implications over time if breathed in constantly, but it's not like asbestos, and even that is overblown in our society. Don't get me started on radon... what a money maker. 

  • Charleston, WV · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Lol. I hear ya, as they say there is money to be made in chaos. 

    Well I just finished sweeping out the place and other than clogging the filter on my wife's vacuum it did the job. 

    Thanks for the advice

  • Rental Property Investor · SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 35 votes
    8y

    Don't forget that fleas have a 5-20 day hatch period.  You may need to reapply in the next week to kill freshly hatched fleas from larvae that were in places not covered by your first application.  Good luck.

  • Charleston, WV · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    @daulton h.

    Thanks for the reminder. It was steam cleaned a week ago soninam hoping this got the remaining pests

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.