Materials left over after completion of rehab

3 Replies

How or where are you storing extra materials left over after a rehab. I have a buy and hold strategy and have left over materials like paint and laminate flooring. I need a storage option so I have these materials for when tenants move out and I need to make repairs.
@Larry T. Unfortunately I live in southern Alabama, so basements aren’t common here because of the water table. I also wouldn’t want tenants to have access to these materials so that I’m sure they are available when I need them. In the future I would like to be able to use products across residences, I plan to paint all future units in the same color schemes and so forth.
Originally posted by @Hattie York :
@Larry T. Unfortunately I live in southern Alabama, so basements aren’t common here because of the water table. I also wouldn’t want tenants to have access to these materials so that I’m sure they are available when I need them. In the future I would like to be able to use products across residences, I plan to paint all future units in the same color schemes and so forth.

If you are still on a small scale, find room in your attic, garage, basement, etc. Once you have hit a point that these thigns arwe piling up (and still useful) rent a storage unit somewhere.