Buying On Auction Sites

Buying On Auction Sites

Rehabber · Fort Walton Beach, FL · Member since 2011 · 240 posts · 48 votes

Hi Everyone I would like to introduce myself to the community. My name is Sherry Lewis and my company name is New Days Real Estate Investments, LLC. I had one previous experience in flipping in 2004 as well as having my own siding/replacement windows/decking co. about 15 years ago. It has been a life long goal of mine to get into the REI's business. I had been laid up for awhile and spent months reading everything I could to get started. I took my first plunge last week purchasing 2 properties from auction. I am seeking any advise possible. I will need a partner or hard money lender to do the rehabs on these properties, but my hopes are they will both be basic quick flips without alot required to complete them. Any info you wonderfully experienced folks might want to share or assistance for that matter, would be so greatly appreciated! I have thus far truly enjoyed my experience here on biggerpockets and hope to form long lasting relationships through this site! Thank you for your time.

Sherry

1Reply
44 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
15y

Hi Sherry and welcome to BiggerPockets. You might want to post in the New Member Intros forum to introduce yourself.

Your post is very broad. That type of post doesn't usually generate as much response as specific questions. Books have been written for "any advice possible" for flipping houses. "Any advice possible" could cover everything from how to get bids from contractors to what color to paint to how to write the listing when you finally list the property for sale.

Do you have specific questions? Or, some area that's particularly troubling?

If you've already bought the property, why do you need a HML or partner? Rehab money?

When you say "my hopes are they will both be basic quick flips without alot required to complete them" what do you mean? That the properties don't require much work and they can be quickly fixed and you hope they will sell quickly? Or, that you've not actually seen the properties and you hope they don't need much work?

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rehabber · Fort Walton Beach, FL · Member since 2011 · 240 posts · 48 votes
    15y

    Uwe,

    I could still use the contact as I haven't heard back from the realtor I contacted. If I don't hear from her tomorrow I am gonna have to find another one. Thanks Uwe.

  • Property Manager · Dublin, OH · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 291 votes
    15y

    Ok I send you an PM now.

    -Uwe

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.