Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 1 vote
I am house hacking in Philadelphia about 10 away from saint joes college campus. I have two studios perfect for college students. Where should start? How should I get the word out
@Tanisha Haughton A little late to catch students. You can try to get the ones enrolling for the next quarter. In admissions there is usually someone that does housing for enrolling students. You might have to take a trip to campus and post on the board. If you aren't limiting you population then facebook marketplace, zillow and craigslist are effective. Careful on craigslist a lot of scammers.
@Tanisha Haughton A little late to catch students. You can try to get the ones enrolling for the next quarter. In admissions there is usually someone that does housing for enrolling students. You might have to take a trip to campus and post on the board. If you aren't limiting you population then facebook marketplace, zillow and craigslist are effective. Careful on craigslist a lot of scammers.
Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2014 · 157 posts · 47 votes
6y
Hi @Tanisha Haughton, apartments.com, craigslist, and zillow have been most effective for me. Including your rental criteria also helps get you qualified prospective tenants.
Rental Property Investor · Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2014 · 414 posts · 272 votes
6y
Recently I get many more responses from Zillow and its companion sites Trulia and Hotpads than from Craigslist, but I always post in both systems. I don't see any decline in prospect quality on Craigslist.
One thing that can happen with Craigslist, which I've seen personally just once in 20 years, is that a scammer can copy your ad, substitute different contact information and claim to be out of town. Then the scammer lowers the rent and offers to send keys in exchange for a deposit sent by untraceable Western Union wire. People lacking skepticism may fall for this, but they could be fooled on other platforms, too.
Property Manager · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 515 posts · 196 votes
6y
A majority of the tenants we place, come from posting on the MLS, for our property owner clients; but Facebook marketplace produces better than Craigslist, ect. Zillow made changes that has taken them out of the game.