Newbie needs to list 1st flip...any San Antonio agent referrals?

Newbie needs to list 1st flip...any San Antonio agent referrals?

Rental Property Investor · Porter Ranch, CA. · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 3 votes

My emotions are already on the edge being my 1st flip...but, now to add the timing of this economic shutdown...I'm really on the edge. Not to mention my budget obviously went a bit over as I've read many, many times that generally happens on your 1st flip.

...to add to this; on Valentine's day I just closed on my second property in Castle Hills...so I really need to sell this finished one ASAP.

These current times call for unique strategic tactics I'm sure...I'm wondering if anyone know of or have any personal experiences with an agent who is a hustler / creative thinker / go-getter...?

Thanks.

1Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 344 posts · 268 votes
6y

@Account Closed  - Depending on the house and your budget I would go one of two options.  1.  Get a good retail agent (I can give you a few suggestions). 
2.  Go with a flat fee listing service. Lots of folks will do this for 1% or 1500 or something like that.  There are also services that I believe charge per day on the market. 

- Generally in San Antonio, if properties are prices right they sell.  Especially in the sub 200k price point.  If you get into higher price points that's where staging, having a good agent, etc really matter.  

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · College Station, TX · Member since 2016 · 150 posts · 37 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed That’s right up my ally. Let’s connect for a phone call tomorrow, happy to learn more about how I can assist and share my insights on the current situation in the local market.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Frank D'Andrea III

    Great to see you’re taking the leap! I’m an agent in San Antonio, and I have a portfolio of buy and hold properties, and am about to close on my first multi-family. It would be great to strategize. Message me and I’ll give you my contact.

  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    WOW Castle Hills is a higher dollar neighborhood that has a bunch more days on market than many other neighborhoods. How did you get wrangled into that one?? Is it a big rehab??

    Whether things are going great or the economy is not so good, you should plan on having the property for at least 6 months bur more likely a year. Have the resourses to pay for that mortgage for at least that long. Plan for overages on rehab. AND THEN have an exit strategy ready in case the house does not sell. 

    That should be the plan on every house in every economy. 

    Have you ever seen an agent go WAY overboard to try to sell a house?? I have not. They will all do some work, post on facebook, some online stuff, but YOU can do lots of that also. Your house is most important to you. It is another listing and part of their job, part. 

    I would find someone you like and feel that you can trust. Someone that will tell you the truth, not a BSer. If you need a referral, let me know.

  • Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
    Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    The most important thing to do in today's market is be sure you have a solid virtual tour of your property. This is something that any agent can do, but most don't like to pay for. In the last few weeks, that's changed dramatically, and many more agents are doing them. The only other thing we're doing is a lot more video walk-throughs for people. This is different from the tour, because we'll do it in real time on the phone, and people can ask questions and have you take a closer look at different things. 

    In general, don't panic. Nice homes are still selling pretty quickly here if they're priced right.

    Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 576 posts · 307 votes
    6y

    I certainly know of a couple agents who are hustlers. Let me know if you need a referral on that.

    Might be tricky to get something sold right now but don't let that stop you from working on your property in castle hills because once restrictions ease it's probably going to fly.

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 344 posts · 268 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed  - Depending on the house and your budget I would go one of two options.  1.  Get a good retail agent (I can give you a few suggestions). 
    2.  Go with a flat fee listing service. Lots of folks will do this for 1% or 1500 or something like that.  There are also services that I believe charge per day on the market. 

    - Generally in San Antonio, if properties are prices right they sell.  Especially in the sub 200k price point.  If you get into higher price points that's where staging, having a good agent, etc really matter.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.