Interest in Tax Lien Properties in California

Interest in Tax Lien Properties in California

New to Real Estate · Palm Springs, CA · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone my name is Ajayi, I am a brand new real estate investor who has been starting to do research on tax Lien properties as well as other investment strategies within California, as that is currently where I reside. I am creating this post to learn and hear about any sort of recommendations or any information which is necessary to look into before getting started. I am really looking forward to hearing about all of your guys personal experiences, whether it be pros or cons, in regards to dealing with Tax Lien properties. As this is something that really interest me about the Real Estate Market. Hope you all are having a great 2022 and can't wait to connect and learn more through building financial independence through Real Estate.

1Reply
34 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe HomsBusiness Member
    Flipper · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Ajayi Horsley I can save you lots of time for California.  No such deals really exist here.  We have different laws from other states and its really not worth your time.  Check other states.

    Good Investing...

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    4y

    @Ajayi Horsley California doesn't sell property tax liens. They sell tax deeds. The  market is very competitive and I agree with @Joe Homs probably not worth your trouble in CA.

    Tax liens sound great on paper but it is very competitive and nowhere as easy, profitable or risk free as implied by the Gurus that push the idea. You can make money with tax liens, just have realistic expectations.

  • New to Real Estate · Palm Springs, CA · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Joe Homs:

    @Ajayi Horsley I can save you lots of time for California.  No such deals really exist here.  We have different laws from other states and its really not worth your time.  Check other states.

    Good Investing...

     Thanks for the answer. I have learned that in my time being here that its not the state for it for me. I will definitely look into other states as well as learn about more strategies that might be better suited to my location

  • New to Real Estate · Palm Springs, CA · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Ned Carey:

    @Ajayi Horsley California doesn't sell property tax liens. They sell tax deeds. The  market is very competitive and I agree with @Joe Homs probably not worth your trouble in CA.

    Tax liens sound great on paper but it is very competitive and nowhere as easy, profitable or risk free as implied by the Gurus that push the idea. You can make money with tax liens, just have realistic expectations.


     Thank you for the heads up. You're actually from my hometown of Baltimore so I might have to find some deals over in that area and see if I can get your hands on a few at some point too. Feel free to let me know whatever you look for in any sort of deals and I'll do my best to send some your way at some point.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.