Diary - Buying a non-performing note NPN from start to finish

Diary - Buying a non-performing note NPN from start to finish

Flipper/Rehabber · Allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 701 votes

For the past few months, years perhaps, I've been trying to soak up knowledge in the area of note buying. It has been especially intriguing to me since my partner and I handle a large volume of foreclosures and I get to see all of the post-foreclosure steps, but never really see the pre-foreclosure steps. I've seen hundreds of title reports, and all of the issues that can come up post-foreclosure. I have a good amount of contacts in various areas that are needed such as law offices, contractors, etc. I have always learned better by doing, than by reading. I like to study a subject to get the basics down, and then jump in head first, which leads me here. I didn't do an extensive search, but I didn't find anything that broke down buying a NPN from day 1, until the day you hopefully profit from the purchase. I plan to document the steps here to help others.

I did find numerous posts regarding FCIExchange and how it wasn't really worth buying notes on a portal such as FCI. I have found numerous notes on there that do not look like they are any sort of a profitable purchase. Conversely, I have seen plenty that do look like they could be profitable. This experiment is focused only on non-performing. Performing notes are more straightforward and much easier to see profitable, steady returns. 

The hypothesis for this experiment: If I purchase a NPN then I will make a profit from the purchase. 

I casually browsed the exchange for a few weeks until I was able to find a property nearby that was selling at a significant discount to the unpaid balance (UPB). The UPB in this case is $74,160.32, and the asking price for the note was $4,999.89.

I sent someone to look at the property and take some photos. I didn't want to personally look, because if I would ever do this on a larger scale, I'd have to rely on other people inspecting the property. Here is the front:

The property appeared to be older, with a new roof. They knocked, and no one was home (obviously?) and saw some construction materials in the hall. Comps on the block are trading in the $50K-$80K range, some with commercial zoning even higher due to the county courthouse being within 1 block. There are a good amount of investor purchases here to be used as rentals as well. A retail flip, not very likely.

I concluded that even if the inside is terrible, this property could likely still fetch $25K in a quick sale to another investor. There were only 8 sales in the zip code in the last 180 days under $25K, out of 201 total sales. Furthermore, if I couldn't resell for that amount, I could certainly turn it into a rental. 

I decided to proceed, and pulled up the mortgage docs for this owner. Locally it's a program called Landex that you need a subscription for, that I already use. It was only one lien, and the mortgage had been assigned a few times. I pulled a title report from FCI, which is done with the click of a button. The title report came back quickly, and I reviewed it. Straightforward, with some municipal liens for sewer and garbage bills, totaling about $6K. I made an offer of $2,500, was countered at $3,500, and it was conditionally accepted based on a due diligence period of 48 hours for me, the buyer. Once you come to terms, all of the documents for due diligence are released inside of FCI to download and review.

I contacted my attorney to tell him the next crazy thing I was up to and asked him to look over the documents, and shed some light on what my plan was in case I was overlooking something. He told me I was not overlooking anything but he doesn't do foreclosures, and gave me a referral to someone else who was well versed in foreclosing. 

I contacted the new attorney, and told him I had 48 hours to review the documents. We made an appointment, and I went in to meet him and look over everything. He does local foreclosures for some local banks. He assured me I wasn't crazy for doing this given my background. He said he wanted a little more time to review and the following day I hadn't heard from him. FCI was asking me to conclude due diligence and I felt confident so I clicked end due diligence even without hearing from the attorney. He ended up emailing me a short time later and said everything looked clean, phew. This new attorney is charging $250/hour, and took a $1000 retainer to begin work. His rates seemed fair, and given that he does this often, I'm OK paying top dollar to make sure it's done right and he holds my hand on this first one. If I continue buying, I would expect to renegotiate the fee.

The next step was to sign the note purchase agreement, provided by FCI. I signed and uploaded it. FCI asks if you want to record the note yourself when received, or pay them $200. The fees to record in this county are $66 so I will walk it in to the courthouse and record it. 

Next step will be to receive the signed purchase agreement from the seller, pay $3500 + $500 FCI fee, and receive all the mortgage documents. 

Total out of pocket to date: $1000 - legal retainer

I look forward to you following along. If I've missed adding details, shout it out and I'll be happy to provide. If I do something "wrong" you can feel free to point that out too, but as I said this is first and foremost a learning exercise so don't snicker behind my back ;) 

Stay tuned!

20Reply
642 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y

Mark, I've purchased 3 NPLs via FCIExchange over the past 2 years and they have all been good deals, so I'm glad you are using them to do this test. The nice thing about this site is that you can negotiate with the seller, have the opportunity to preview the collateral and FCI provides the escrow service to hold your funds until the collateral files are verified by FCI. Its a relatively "safe" transaction using their platform. 

I even had a transaction that went all the way to signing a contract to purchase and the day before I was scheduled to wire my funds I discovered that the note was invalidated due to a state statute in Oklahoma. I contacted the admin at FCIExchange and they essentially cancelled the purchase and relieved my obligation to consummate the deal. Very good folks with whom to do business IMHO.

Bob

See this reply in the discussion

160 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    @Patrick Desjardins  shoot all he had to do is buy me a beer and I would have taught him everything I know about PA tax sales which is about as valuable as  well as one beer !

     Ah but the story telling would be worth at least 3 beers and the cost to pay your cab ride home.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    @Mark Gallagher This is my kind of note deal so I'm happy to follow along.  You're freaking me out a bit with your loose understanding of tax cert sales for your area. @Steve Babiak  Do tax cert sales wipe out senior liens or no?  If so, if the cert is bought at sale can the lender redeem?  I'm in a tax deed state with no redemption so don't know the risks of tax certs.  

    Did you know the taxes due and sale status/date before you bought the note?

    You've mentioned getting a DIL a few times.  Have you run a full title so you can tell if it makes sense to foreclosure instead of a DIL? Will title insure your DIL? DIL is not simply a matter of getting the borrower to cooperate.  If you've got other debt or title issues, foreclosure is usually needed. 

    Like I said, this is my kind of note deal.  I always come to note purchases through title problem solving:  I buy the note to do what is necessary to gain marketable title so I can refi or resell.  The money on these deals has been my best.  The challenge is that I haven't found a way to purchase such notes in any marketplace, so I can't scale up.  

    Looking forward to hearing more on this one.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    @Jay Hinrichs

    Yes this is absolutely first and foremost a learning experiment. 

    I'm hopeful to be finished by spring.

    There's also leverage (?) at play here in this low purchase price note. If I don't have to pay all the liens off and am able to resell it, the end buyer effectively pays all the liens. So I could be out of pocket ~$10K, and make ~$10K. Obviously a fantastic ROI!

    Just another reason why real estate is so much fun. A lot of different ways to do a deal. 

    Yeah, selling the property subject to the other debts can make sense. I once foreclosed on a note I bought for $5K, The UPB was $60K+. I dropped the min. bid at sale to $35K. There was a tax bill of $17K outstanding and was going to tax sale the following week. I needed someone to buy it at sale as I didn't want the property, the squatter or to pay the $17K to save it from tax sale. Got a winning bidder at $37K. I don't calculate returns, but I was in the deal for 5 months and came out $30K to the good. Good enough.

  • Rockwall, TX · Member since 2014 · 380 posts · 211 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Steve Babiak:

    ... (in confusion) think they are getting hit with extra tax bills after having paid a tax bill, and let some taxes go unpaid to the point of property being offered in a tax sale. It's not a big number, but that does lead to opportunity ...

     Not a big number?  I saw a site that shows properties with delinquent taxes in Philly that says about 90,000 properties ( just in Philly )  have delinquent taxes, some as much as 20 years!  I don't know how many total properties there are but I'm guessing that is 7-8% of the total.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Roy Oliphant:
    Originally posted by @Steve Babiak:

    ... (in confusion) think they are getting hit with extra tax bills after having paid a tax bill, and let some taxes go unpaid to the point of property being offered in a tax sale. It's not a big number, but that does lead to opportunity ...

     Not a big number?  I saw a site that shows properties with delinquent taxes in Philly that says about 90,000 properties ( just in Philly )  have delinquent taxes, some as much as 20 years!  I don't know how many total properties there are but I'm guessing that is 7-8% of the total.

    Ah, Philadelphia follows a different set of rules for selling properties that are delinquent on taxes than what the surrounding PA counties follow. 

    And what I meant by not a big number was the quantity of properties with a paid off mortgage that are going to be sold for unpaid taxes. I'm those there is an opportunity in PA due to the rules followed for tax sales (outside of Philadelphia and maybe Pittsburgh).

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Mark Gallagher This is my kind of note deal so I'm happy to follow along.  You're freaking me out a bit with your loose understanding of tax cert sales for your area. @Steve Babiak  Do tax cert sales wipe out senior liens or no?  If so, if the cert is bought at sale can the lender redeem?  I'm in a tax deed state with no redemption so don't know the risks of tax certs.  

    ...

    PA is a tax deed state. The tax sales follow some different rules depending on jurisdiction. But in general, a PA tax sale does not wipe out ANY liens; they are "subject to existing liens of record".  Now, when a tax sale in PA fails to sell the property with liens in place, the taxing authority petitions a judge to extinguish liens; that is called a "judicial sale" in PA - in PA when we hear the words "judicial sale" we assume automatically that it is a tax sale. And depending on who's down how the tax sale was  conducted, there could be redemption rights. 

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Steve Babiak:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Mark Gallagher This is my kind of note deal so I'm happy to follow along.  You're freaking me out a bit with your loose understanding of tax cert sales for your area. @Steve Babiak  Do tax cert sales wipe out senior liens or no?  If so, if the cert is bought at sale can the lender redeem?  I'm in a tax deed state with no redemption so don't know the risks of tax certs.  

    ...

    PA is a tax deed state. The tax sales follow some different rules depending on jurisdiction. But in general, a PA tax sale does not wipe out ANY liens; they are "subject to existing liens of record".  Now, when a tax sale in PA fails to sell the property with liens in place, the taxing authority petitions a judge to extinguish liens; that is called a "judicial sale" in PA - in PA when we hear the words "judicial sale" we assume automatically that it is a tax sale. And depending on who's down how the tax sale was  conducted, there could be redemption rights. 

    Thanks for the additional info.  So, in that case, the over encumbered property securing the OP's note would not likely have sold at tax sale, correct?  But would have started down the road towards a judicial tax sale? 

    What kind of purgatory is the property in when it is tax defaulted but doesn't sell at the tax deed sale? Is title still is the name of the owner?

    Feel free to ignore me at any time.  I could go on like this for days about tax sales.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y

    @Account Closed - you pretty much nailed it there. Some stuff doesn't even sell at a judicial tax sale - some ghetto / war zone housing, mobile homes (on rented mobile home park lots), and vacant land. These items unsold at judicial then go into a "repository" for sale by bid subject to approval of taxing authority. Title doesn't change until a bid by a third party is accepted. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y

    I missed answering the question from 

    @Account Closed - are those unpaid taxes going to be the domain of the county Tax Claim Bureau, or is that a municipality that has elected to opt out of using the county TCB and instead is going to use a sheriff sale?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 701 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Mark Gallagher This is my kind of note deal so I'm happy to follow along.  You're freaking me out a bit with your loose understanding of tax cert sales for your area. @Steve Babiak  Do tax cert sales wipe out senior liens or no?  If so, if the cert is bought at sale can the lender redeem?  I'm in a tax deed state with no redemption so don't know the risks of tax certs.  

    Did you know the taxes due and sale status/date before you bought the note?

    You've mentioned getting a DIL a few times.  Have you run a full title so you can tell if it makes sense to foreclosure instead of a DIL? Will title insure your DIL? DIL is not simply a matter of getting the borrower to cooperate.  If you've got other debt or title issues, foreclosure is usually needed. 

    Like I said, this is my kind of note deal.  I always come to note purchases through title problem solving:  I buy the note to do what is necessary to gain marketable title so I can refi or resell.  The money on these deals has been my best.  The challenge is that I haven't found a way to purchase such notes in any marketplace, so I can't scale up.  

    Looking forward to hearing more on this one.

    I don't think my understanding is "loose" at all. It's not rock solid, but definitely not loose. Steve already covered the types of tax sales in PA and there's not much I can add. I would only add that if this property were sold at "upset" sale, I would most certainly want someone to purchase it. My lien would be valid for ~$73,000 that I paid $3,500 for. However, since this property is not worth anywhere near that amount, the odds of it selling at "upset" sale are 1 in a trillion and that 1 would have to know there's gold buried under the property.

    If it were in the "judicial" tax sale, my lien would be wiped out, cash burned. When I purchased the note, I knew these taxes were outstanding. I just didn't have exact dollar amounts. I could have calculated penalties and interest, but that was all marginal for the purposes of this purchase. 

    Regarding DIL, title is very clean and there should be no issue with insuring title, but I have not checked to be certain. At this time, I don't foresee a DIL happening. Why he's non-responsive is beyond me, but that's what it is. 

    Thanks for following along and chiming in. This is fun reading for the real estate geek squad ;) 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 701 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    @Jay Hinrichs

    Yes this is absolutely first and foremost a learning experiment. 

    I'm hopeful to be finished by spring.

    There's also leverage (?) at play here in this low purchase price note. If I don't have to pay all the liens off and am able to resell it, the end buyer effectively pays all the liens. So I could be out of pocket ~$10K, and make ~$10K. Obviously a fantastic ROI!

    Just another reason why real estate is so much fun. A lot of different ways to do a deal. 

    Yeah, selling the property subject to the other debts can make sense. I once foreclosed on a note I bought for $5K, The UPB was $60K+. I dropped the min. bid at sale to $35K. There was a tax bill of $17K outstanding and was going to tax sale the following week. I needed someone to buy it at sale as I didn't want the property, the squatter or to pay the $17K to save it from tax sale. Got a winning bidder at $37K. I don't calculate returns, but I was in the deal for 5 months and came out $30K to the good. Good enough.

    What was the FMV of that property?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 701 votes
    11y

    @Steve Babiak

    Taxes were NOT in the TCB of Northampton County.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    @Steve Babiak

    Taxes were NOT in the TCB of Northampton County.

    So is that municipality one that opts out of TCB and then hires a law firm (like Portnoff) to get it to sheriff sale?  The latter might have redemption rights in some situations, but not in the case of what you have described so far since it is not being owner occupied.

  • Real Estate Investor · Amherst, VA · Member since 2015 · 386 posts · 400 votes
    11y

    Mark, quick question, is the property worth $25k as you indicated in the 1st post or is it $35k like you mentioned in a following message? That is a huge difference in this case study.

    I wasn't attacking you by saying the deal is "slim", I was just pointing out that on these low value assets the fixed costs ramp up fast vs the value of the property.

    That is why I don't typically go for assets under 40k FMV - there's just not a consistent potential for profit UNLESS everything goes right (ie no long contested foreclosure, no break ins, no bad surprises). Most of the costs like foreclosure are fixed so the % expense is lower on higher value assets.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 701 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Steve Babiak:
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    @Steve Babiak

    Taxes were NOT in the TCB of Northampton County.

    So is that municipality one that opts out of TCB and then hires a law firm (like Portnoff) to get it to sheriff sale?  The latter might have redemption rights in some situations, but not in the case of what you have described so far since it is not being owner occupied.

    Correct, I believe they in fact use Portnoff. 

    What happens if a mortgage is assigned the day before a judicial sale with no redemption rights? Caveat emptor I presume? 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 701 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Patrick Desjardins:

    Mark, quick question, is the property worth $25k as you indicated in the 1st post or is it $35k like you mentioned in a following message? That is a huge difference in this case study.

    I wasn't attacking you by saying the deal is "slim", I was just pointing out that on these low value assets the fixed costs ramp up fast vs the value of the property.

    That is why I don't typically go for assets under 40k FMV - there's just not a consistent potential for profit UNLESS everything goes right (ie no long contested foreclosure, no break ins, no bad surprises). Most of the costs like foreclosure are fixed so the % expense is lower on higher value assets.

    Unfortunately (or fortunately however you look at it!) a lot hinges on zoning in this particular situation. If 2-unit residential, or office + apartment is allowed, it will boost the value tremendously. If those uses are allowed, I think a quick sale price would $40K+. If it needs to be converted back to single family, looking at $30K quick sale. There's a half completed rehab comp on the block at $55K list price, and it can be used office + apartment layout.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    @Jay Hinrichs

    Yes this is absolutely first and foremost a learning experiment. 

    I'm hopeful to be finished by spring.

    There's also leverage (?) at play here in this low purchase price note. If I don't have to pay all the liens off and am able to resell it, the end buyer effectively pays all the liens. So I could be out of pocket ~$10K, and make ~$10K. Obviously a fantastic ROI!

    Just another reason why real estate is so much fun. A lot of different ways to do a deal. 

    Yeah, selling the property subject to the other debts can make sense. I once foreclosed on a note I bought for $5K, The UPB was $60K+. I dropped the min. bid at sale to $35K. There was a tax bill of $17K outstanding and was going to tax sale the following week. I needed someone to buy it at sale as I didn't want the property, the squatter or to pay the $17K to save it from tax sale. Got a winning bidder at $37K. I don't calculate returns, but I was in the deal for 5 months and came out $30K to the good. Good enough.

    What was the FMV of that property?

    I'd say the trustee's sale reflected the FMV. The investor that bought it at sale was a high volume buyer and knew he was buying subject to the property taxes. So he was all in at about $55K. Had I gotten it back at sale I would have vacated the non paying tenants and sold it for probably $60-65K.

    If someone had wanted a real deal, they should have bought my note and/or I would have gladly done a short sale.  Because the property was in tax default and foreclosure I got calls from investors who work those leads, two of whom claimed to be working with the owner/borrower. Seriously, I would have taken $20-25K.  But none of them followed through.  So going to trustee's sale worked in my favor.  It was a great lesson in investor follow through.  The flurry of calls right before the sale and then no action.  

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:
    Originally posted by @Steve Babiak:
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    @Steve Babiak

    Taxes were NOT in the TCB of Northampton County.

    So is that municipality one that opts out of TCB and then hires a law firm (like Portnoff) to get it to sheriff sale?  The latter might have redemption rights in some situations, but not in the case of what you have described so far since it is not being owner occupied.

    Correct, I believe they in fact use Portnoff. 

    What happens if a mortgage is assigned the day before a judicial sale with no redemption rights? Caveat emptor I presume? 

    So we're clear, this will be about PA tax sale conducted as a sheriff sale, where the property had been previously exposed to sheriff sale but had no bids, so taxing authority petitioned for the judge to extinguish liens. 

    So, you could have attorney file emergency motion to the judge assigned for this matter to postpone the sale due to the circumstances of a too recent change in mortgagee. 

    Assuming no motion was presented or a motion was denied, AND the property was sold to a third party bidder at sheriff sale, PA sheriff sales have a 30 day window to contest the sale. A judge could set the sale aside, or leave it remain sold. 

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    Regarding DIL, title is very clean and there should be no issue with insuring title, but I have not checked to be certain. At this time, I don't foresee a DIL happening. Why he's non-responsive is beyond me, but that's what it is. 

    Regarding the DIL:  what will you offer the borrower for a DIL?  The non responsiveness may be helped by offering something compelling.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 701 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    Regarding DIL, title is very clean and there should be no issue with insuring title, but I have not checked to be certain. At this time, I don't foresee a DIL happening. Why he's non-responsive is beyond me, but that's what it is. 

    Regarding the DIL:  what will you offer the borrower for a DIL?  The non responsiveness may be helped by offering something compelling.

     $1000. 

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    Regarding DIL, title is very clean and there should be no issue with insuring title, but I have not checked to be certain. At this time, I don't foresee a DIL happening. Why he's non-responsive is beyond me, but that's what it is. 

    Regarding the DIL:  what will you offer the borrower for a DIL?  The non responsiveness may be helped by offering something compelling.

     $1000. 

     How much does it cost you to foreclose?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 701 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    Regarding DIL, title is very clean and there should be no issue with insuring title, but I have not checked to be certain. At this time, I don't foresee a DIL happening. Why he's non-responsive is beyond me, but that's what it is. 

    Regarding the DIL:  what will you offer the borrower for a DIL?  The non responsiveness may be helped by offering something compelling.

     $1000. 

     How much does it cost you to foreclose?

     ~$2500 in legal+costs, plus holding taxes+costs ~$2000. I'm willing to offer up to that amount, but am aiming low to start. I've reached out saying I'm offering money, with no response to date. 

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher:

    Regarding DIL, title is very clean and there should be no issue with insuring title, but I have not checked to be certain. At this time, I don't foresee a DIL happening. Why he's non-responsive is beyond me, but that's what it is. 

    Regarding the DIL:  what will you offer the borrower for a DIL?  The non responsiveness may be helped by offering something compelling.

     $1000. 

     How much does it cost you to foreclose?

     ~$2500 in legal+costs, plus holding taxes+costs ~$2000. I'm willing to offer up to that amount, but am aiming low to start. I've reached out saying I'm offering money, with no response to date. 

    Sounds like a plan.  Where I am if I get a signed and notarized DIL directly from the borrower, title won't insure it without a notarized affidavit that they prepare and supervise.  A DIL outside of one of their escrows with title is an uninsured deed and will cause problems if they can't get a confirming signature from the borrower.  If you end up getting to work directly with the borrower, I suggest checking with title to  see if they have any specific needs or requirements.  Principals tend to disappear after they've been paid.

  • Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    Great post and I will be following as I am on the front end of learning the note business. I am looking forward to update.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    @Mark Gallagher Any updates on your note deal?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.