Is it Too Late To Start in Notes?

Is it Too Late To Start in Notes?

noneya · Member since 2017 · 53 posts · 20 votes

I appreciate all you do, and the education you provide to people. I have recently had the "Rich Dad Poor Dad" awakening so to speak, and I am in the decision phase of what assets I want to be investing in.

I have been very intrigued by the real estate markets, but something I saw Scott Carson say on youtube about "Be the Bank" is really striking a nerve for me.

My Question, is it too late to get into Investing in Notes? My goal is financial freedom from my Job and the ability to travel, and have future growth to give to many generations of Bagnanis. I have some investing partners in my family, but I am the main driver of our efforts, and once I pick a niche I will commit all my spare time, and even go full-time (quit my job) if I am successful enough.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if there are any good resources on the basics of cash flow notes, I'd love to check them out.

2Reply
70 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

Hi @Stephen Bagnani, its never too late to invest in mortgage notes. As long as people need a place to live and have to borrow for the right to own, there will be notes. I would spend the next 6 months getting educated and attend conferences like Papersource and Note Expo. Make connections, learn from your peers and get some education on how to evaluate notes and due diligence. The consensus at a panel discussion at last year's IMN conference is that there are over $300 billion in extremely delinquent debt still to be liquidated to the secondary market, plenty to go around for all of us small balance investors. 

Bob

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Carmichael, CA · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    @Scott Carson, I stand corrected. The 3rd point is wrong. I read the article wrong, thanks for catching that. Here are some articles supporting my attestation in favor of jr lien position non-performing notes (2NPN). Based on the information below indicated the market isn't dried up yet.  

    Of course none of this means A will happen as a result of B but if your a betting person, and we are, the odds look good that jr lien position non-performing notes will be in supply. 

  • noneya · Member since 2017 · 53 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    Scott can I intern for you? I only take up a little space. I can live in a dog kennel.

  • Note Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 602 posts · 357 votes
    9y

    LOL...@Stephen Bagnani if I had a nickel for everyone that offered that...

  • Investor · Newark, DE · Member since 2015 · 248 posts · 178 votes
    9y

    I cannot live in a dog kennel!!! @Stephen Bagnani learn from him, it is like interning for him. He has helped me on my note journey in many ways!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.