Why Note Buyers Are Investing In Stamps Today - Direct Mail Tips

Why Note Buyers Are Investing In Stamps Today - Direct Mail Tips

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 837 posts · 316 votes

If you direct mail to note holders using a first class stamp today is the day to go buy Forever Stamps. The rate goes from 50 cents to 55 cents on January 27th but these stamps will work... well... forever.

I just bought a bunch online (they deliver for $1.75) and figure that is already a 10% return (or savings) for my direct mail letters in 2019. While metered mail and postcards are cheaper I still like to send my first letter in a number 10 window envelope, hand signed, with a real stamp for an increased response.

Does anyone want to add their direct mail tips for note investors?

2Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Denton, TX · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 33 votes
7y

Thanks for the heads-up, for both the timing and tip for ordering on-line!

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    7y

    @Tracy Z. Rewey

    Can you share how successful your direct mail campaigns have been in finding good deals on note purchases?

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Rental Property Investor · Denton, TX · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the heads-up, for both the timing and tip for ordering on-line!

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 837 posts · 316 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Charles Campbell:

    Thanks for the heads-up, for both the timing and tip for ordering on-line!

    You are welcome!  Who wants to go stand in line at the post office? Best $1.75 I've spent all month. 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 837 posts · 316 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Don Konipol:

    @Tracy Z. Rewey

    Can you share how successful your direct mail campaigns have been in finding good deals on note purchases?

    Sure thing Don. For my mailings I usually target a list of seller financed note holders.  The average response to the letter is 2% to 2.7% and the postcard is between .5 and 1%.  From there the closing rates follow closely with the direct mail budgeting calculator published by Advanced Seller Data Services for private notes.  I know we need to be careful on links posted here in the forum so feel free to PM me if you want a link to that free resource.  

  • Real Estate Broker · Poulsbo, WA · Member since 2018 · 121 posts · 66 votes
    7y

    @Tracy Z. Rewey, I'd love the link! So to clarify, are you getting the seller financed note holder addresses that way? I confess, I have the list of which properties are likely suspects, but not sure where to get the note holder addresses! Thanks for any info. 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 837 posts · 316 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Megan Shay:

    @Tracy Z. Rewey, I'd love the link! So to clarify, are you getting the seller financed note holder addresses that way? I confess, I have the list of which properties are likely suspects, but not sure where to get the note holder addresses! Thanks for any info. 

     Hello Megan, 

    I see you are from my home state of Washington! Yes, these are stats and mailings for seller financed note holders which are obtained from the public county recordings. You can often search yourself online but it is time consuming so worth it to just buy the list.  I have sent you the links to go direct to the provider via private message here on BP.  It's the same place I use.  There are a couple of other providers but I really like Advanced Seller Data Services.

  • Specialist · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    Hi Tracy, I'm assuming notes you find through direct mail campaigns are posted on the Notes Direct platform, or can we contact you directly?

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 837 posts · 316 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Gordon F.:

    Hi Tracy, I'm assuming notes you find through direct mail campaigns are posted on the Notes Direct platform, or can we contact you directly?

    Hello Gordon, The notes on the platform come from a variety of sources and sellers. Some of these are seller financed while others are non-performing and/or re-performing bank loans. Plus there are notes being bought or sold out of a self-directed IRA along with a few REOs from deals already through foreclosure. A good portion of the inventory goes to the platform but you are always welcome to email directly if you have questions.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y

    @Tracy Z. Rewey my letters have dwindled lately ( receiving them) .. and been replaced by robo callers.. mainly some of the bigger NYC companies.. hard to decipher who they are as I think they are using VA's.. certainly a numbers game though.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 837 posts · 316 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    @Tracy Z. Rewey my letters have dwindled lately ( receiving them) .. and been replaced by robo callers.. mainly some of the bigger NYC companies.. hard to decipher who they are as I think they are using VA's.. certainly a numbers game though.

     I swear that's not me :)  I detest robo callers and pretty much figure all note holders do too.  It has really gotten out of hand lately.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tracy Z. Rewey:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    @Tracy Z. Rewey my letters have dwindled lately ( receiving them) .. and been replaced by robo callers.. mainly some of the bigger NYC companies.. hard to decipher who they are as I think they are using VA's.. certainly a numbers game though.

     I swear that's not me :)  I detest robo callers and pretty much figure all note holders do too.  It has really gotten out of hand lately.

    Ya I hear congress is finally taking this up.. so maybe they will get throttled a little bit.. its pervasive in the real estate industry and travel that's for sure..   You know   " WAIT don't Hang UP you too could be making 15k within two weeks with my super special real estate formula LOL) 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 837 posts · 316 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Tracy Z. Rewey:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    @Tracy Z. Rewey my letters have dwindled lately ( receiving them) .. and been replaced by robo callers.. mainly some of the bigger NYC companies.. hard to decipher who they are as I think they are using VA's.. certainly a numbers game though.

     I swear that's not me :)  I detest robo callers and pretty much figure all note holders do too.  It has really gotten out of hand lately.

    Ya I hear congress is finally taking this up.. so maybe they will get throttled a little bit.. its pervasive in the real estate industry and travel that's for sure..   You know   " WAIT don't Hang UP you too could be making 15k within two weeks with my super special real estate formula LOL) 

     Glad to hear that!  I pretty much ignore any number on my cell phone that is not a known contact but they have been blowing up the office line lately too which we do want to answer.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tracy Z. Rewey:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Tracy Z. Rewey:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    @Tracy Z. Rewey my letters have dwindled lately ( receiving them) .. and been replaced by robo callers.. mainly some of the bigger NYC companies.. hard to decipher who they are as I think they are using VA's.. certainly a numbers game though.

     I swear that's not me :)  I detest robo callers and pretty much figure all note holders do too.  It has really gotten out of hand lately.

    Ya I hear congress is finally taking this up.. so maybe they will get throttled a little bit.. its pervasive in the real estate industry and travel that's for sure..   You know   " WAIT don't Hang UP you too could be making 15k within two weeks with my super special real estate formula LOL) 

     Glad to hear that!  I pretty much ignore any number on my cell phone that is not a known contact but they have been blowing up the office line lately too which we do want to answer.

    Ya they sly dial too.. but hey it must work other wise investors/wholesalers/realtors/lenders would not engage them..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.