Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
7y
@Ricky Cassidy
I have some experience but Ned Carey is the person on here to talk to. I would of recommended doing research prior to bidding as if you bought a lien on a worthless property there goes your $
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
7y
@Ricky Cassidy
I have some experience but Ned Carey is the person on here to talk to. I would of recommended doing research prior to bidding as if you bought a lien on a worthless property there goes your $
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7y
@Ricky Cassidy after 4 moths from the auction you can send pre-foreclsoure notices. After six months (and at least 60 days since the first foreclosure notice) you can start foreclosure. You need to use an attorney who specializes in tax sales because it is a complex process.
You don't need to do anything. If the property redeems the county will send you the money. Hand it over to the attorney and let him or her do all the work.