Palm Beach Florida Secondary Tax Lien Certificate auction ends Sept 7th

Palm Beach Florida Secondary Tax Lien Certificate auction ends Sept 7th

Specialist · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 698 posts · 629 votes

2012 Palm Beach Florida Secondary Tax Certificate Auction is open and ends Sept 7th 2012 at 9:00 AM Eastern.

https://palmbeachfl.realtaxlien.com is the site.

The parcels are from 2007 - 2011 tax years and for various reasons have NOT been in the annual auctions. Some of the reasons have been unpaid Value Adjustments, or released from Bankruptcy or Litigation.

0Reply
24 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    14y

    Jerry,

    I'm in palm beach county and bid forecloures/tax deed auctions. Tax Certificates have never interested me, low yields, no advantage to aquiring the property, etc. Am I missing something?

  • Specialist · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 698 posts · 629 votes
    14y

    Florida is pretty competitive with the institutions all willing to accept the "fast 5%". But there are still several individuals and entities who I see from the results are earning well above 10% returns on certificates.

    It all depends on your goals. If I were looking to own the property, then no, I would not invest in Florida tax lien certificates. But if I wanted to park some money in low risk vehicles, tax lien certificates beat the heck out of CDs, money market funds, GICs.

    From the public records on the auction website - here are the top investors who are earning greater than 10% and have invested more than $5,000 in the Palm County Florida Tax Certificate auction for 2012:

  • Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2008 · 318 posts · 30 votes
    14y

    I agree with Jerry 100%

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Ocala, FL · Member since 2009 · 255 posts · 65 votes
    14y

    Same as you Wayne in another county....and agree 100% with you. If someone ran a list of what some of these corps end up with and having to pay to clean titles I think the numbers would get smaller quick. I'm sure its a living, but so is owning gas stations and storage units.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.