Note fund due diligence

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
5y

@Harry Das

There is a Facebook group called 506 club that is pretty good and they talk about due diligence on a fund, getting references etc.

I find it interesting to see what other syndicates do and how they handle certain situations

7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Seatac, WA · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 121 votes
    5y

    I've bought from Aspen.  Just one note, but it was fast, easy, and has honestly been my fastest moving note from a paperwork/recording perspective.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 837 posts · 316 votes
    5y
    I've obtained quotes to sell real estate notes to their fund.  They were professional and timely. I've also seen them speak at conventions. I have not invested in their fund so don't have input on that area.
  • Investor · Valley Center, KS · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Alecia Bolton thanks alecia! I appreciate the feedback!

  • Investor · Valley Center, KS · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Tracy Z. Rewey thanks Tracy I appreciate the response!

  • Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    We've done co-op pool acquisitions with Aspen and they have been a good partner for us so I would say you're good to go!

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    5y

    Are you looking to buy from them, sell to them or invest in their fund? Reason I ask is I have bought from them and it was an easy transaction, but I have no knowledge of performance of the funds (if that was what you were inquiring about)

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Valley Center, KS · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Chris Seveney we are most interested in their fund.

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Sam Elder - did you invest in Aspen Funds?

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    5y

    @Sam Elder

    Curious why their fund over other note funds ?

    Not a trick question. I like to hear why people invest in a specific fund or what led them to invest in a specific fund ?

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Valley Center, KS · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Chris Seveney

    I heard them on Realestate guys who I like and I like their theory of buying notes. I’ve had positive results researching them—references and such. I’ve been studying the note space for years and think I understand it enough to feel comfortable investing at a fund level.

    Are there other funds your aware of or like?

  • Investor · Valley Center, KS · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Harry Das still doing due diligence at this point.

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Thanks @Sam Elder. I'm doing my own due diligence and so far i've got positive information/feedback.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    5y

    @Harry Das

    There is a Facebook group called 506 club that is pretty good and they talk about due diligence on a fund, getting references etc.

    I find it interesting to see what other syndicates do and how they handle certain situations

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    5y
  • Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    FYI 506 club is limited to accredited industries only.

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Bob Malecki Yes I saw that. Aspen fund for which I'm doing due diligence is open to accredited investors.

  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    I'm looking into Aspen right now.  I'm close to making an investment.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Leila Wells

    If you are considering other options as well let us know we have a few options for you.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Leila Wells:

    I'm looking into Aspen right now.  I'm close to making an investment.

    Aspen is a very well established investment fund and I'm thinking about investing with them as well. Also check out Spartan, which invests only in self-storage across the country. They're opening up two new funds this month - feel free to contact me and I'll send you more info. I've invested in one of their properties about a year ago and it's performing very well.
  • Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Hello @Bob Malecki and @Chris Seveney, I’m interested in buying non performing notes. Just wondering if you can connect to any exchanges, brokers, servicers, or funds. I’ve read RE Note investing by Dave VH. I read this thread but was unsure whether I can invest in Aspen as an individual. Any help would be appreciated 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Rafael Go:

    Hello @Bob Malecki and @Chris Seveney, I’m interested in buying non performing notes. Just wondering if you can connect to any exchanges, brokers, servicers, or funds. I’ve read RE Note investing by Dave VH. I read this thread but was unsure whether I can invest in Aspen as an individual. Any help would be appreciated 


     I believe aspen is open to accredited investors only. I know of only one fund right now that accepts non accredited investors. Regarding finding your own notes, start with servicers and exchange platforms like paperstac, colonial funding, and there are plenty others. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.