Online auction sites for tax lien sales

Online auction sites for tax lien sales

Investor · Covington, LA · Member since 2012 · 517 posts · 317 votes

I am starting a list of all of the online auction sites for tax lien properties. I have used or am familiar with the ones I listed below. If you know of other online auction sites for tax liens please post, thanks!

 CivicSource  (www.civicsource.com)

SRI (www.zeusauctions.com)

GovEase (www.govease.com)

 RealAuction (www.realauction.com)

3Reply
132 views

Most Popular Reply

Ned CareyPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
5y

@Will Sifert Grant Street Group. They used to do a great job for Baltimore city but sadly they fired the city as a client. 

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Will,

    This is a great idea. Thank you for taking the time to start this list as it will help others.

    I have not invested in notes yet but have been trying to learn the process and narrow down a state and location. However, just looking around I found https://www.**************/pag...

    It says that you can find auctions to bid for tax liens as well as other asset classes. 

    Hope this helps

    • Montgomery AL · Member since 2019 · 126 posts · 23 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Christopher Drinkwine:

      Will,

      This is a great idea. Thank you for taking the time to start this list as it will help others.

      I have not invested in notes yet but have been trying to learn the process and narrow down a state and location. However, just looking around I found https://www.**************/pag...

      It says that you can find auctions to bid for tax liens as well as other asset classes. 

      Hope this helps

      I’ve used govease for a tax lien auction this year and it was pretty simple.  You can bid over the amount in your pre-approved bid bank but you must get the funds credited to your Acct before 5pm that day… even though the auction May span a few days depending on how many properties are included. 
      the Cons: 1. if there is a tie bid, then the winner is system generated. 2. You never know if you are bidding against a system only to run up the bid (my personal theory 🤷🏻‍♀️) 

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    5y

    I prefer to only bid at in Pearson auctions. Less competition. 

    • Investor · Covington, LA · Member since 2012 · 517 posts · 317 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @John Underwood:

      I prefer to only bid at in Pearson auctions. Less competition. 

      100% agree but in a few more years almost all will likely be online. I’ve seen lots of smaller counties making the switch to online. Technology changing the game for a lot of us unfortunately. 

  • Professional · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    LienHub is another

    https://lienhub.com/

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Aren't the auctions held on the county website as well?

  • Real Estate Agent · Shoreham, NY · Member since 2016 · 96 posts · 44 votes
    5y

    I’ve been thinking about getting involved in tax liens. I’ve read a few books on them. Are folks over paying online at these auctions?

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Aren't the auctions held on the county website as well?

  • Professional · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Thomas Pruner:

    Aren't the auctions held on the county website as well?

    Counties typically contract with these service providers (e.g., LienHub, RealAuction, etc.) so that they manage the auctions as they already have the technological infrastructure built.

  • Investor · Covington, LA · Member since 2012 · 517 posts · 317 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Thomas Pruner:

    Aren't the auctions held on the county website as well?

    I am not aware of any. All of the online auctions I know of use third party software companies to provide the auction platform. 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    5y

    @Will Sifert Grant Street Group. They used to do a great job for Baltimore city but sadly they fired the city as a client. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.