NYC BP Meet-Up

NYC BP Meet-Up

Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes

Is there a NYC BP meet-up? I saw that there was one back in August, and then the one I attended a couple of weeks back, but I'm not sure if it has been steady in New York. If not, please let me know if anyone in the NY area would be interested in having one started on a monthly or bi-monthly basis.

I would be happy to take the lead in organizing it - I don't know the first thing about what needs to be done - but I don't mind doing the legwork in finding out. I can also ask some members from other cities what they are doing.

Thanks!

2Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 424 posts · 99 votes
12y

@Darren Sagger organized the last one not long ago. Brandon Turner was there as well. I'm not sure why I can't tag them, but look up Darren and shoot him a message and he will likely have the info you are looking for.

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 424 posts · 99 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sagger organized the last one not long ago. Brandon Turner was there as well. I'm not sure why I can't tag them, but look up Darren and shoot him a message and he will likely have the info you are looking for.

  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    12y

    Thanks so much @Jason Eyerly. I was at the last BP meet-up in NYC with @Brandon Turner and @Darren Sager but I haven't seen a steady one in NYC, and that's what I'm looking for.

  • Real Estate Agent · Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 424 posts · 99 votes
    12y

    I (believe) he had planned on making it a regular thing, but again, not positive.

  • Matthew WeiserPro Member
    Investor · Flushing, NY · Member since 2013 · 175 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    I am also looking to go to meetings and make connections. I live in Queens and missed the meeting earlier this year and am very eager to meet fellow members.

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Here's a link to the last event. Next one tentatively scheduled for April 15. We're going for second Tuesday of each month however with Tax Day we're pushing it off a week so that more can attend. Official announcement coming soon.

  • Investor · Chantilly, VA · Member since 2014 · 249 posts · 31 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager or @Jonathan Makovsky - Was looking for a steady NYC meet-up, was not able to find in "Events and Happenings" section. I am part of Aug 19th meet-up, but looking for a more steady kind of gatherings. 

  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    12y

    @Nilesh Makhija here is the post for the next NYC meet-up: August 19th, 2014 NYC Meetup in Manhattan with BP VP & Author Brandon Turner

    I suggest you follow @Darren Sager he does a fantastic job organizing these events!

  • Investor · Chantilly, VA · Member since 2014 · 249 posts · 31 votes
    12y

    I will be there for the NYC meet-up. Will reach out to @Darren Sager for further information

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Nilesh Makhija I'm very sorry you feel that having a consistent monthly NYC meetup is not steady enough for you. 

  • Investor · Chantilly, VA · Member since 2014 · 249 posts · 31 votes
    12y

    Apologies @Darren Sager . I was thinking the NYC meet-up which is scheduled for Aug 19th, is not recurring. But thanks for correcting me, this is exactly what I was looking for.

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi BP Friends -

    I'm a new investor in Brooklyn and see that there have been some meetups a while back. Would love to get together with other investors in the area if there's interest.

    Kathy

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 808 posts · 417 votes
    11y

    @Kathy Bayer

    Good you popped in this month. There is one this month with BP founder @Joshua D.

    Here is the link. 

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/201...

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Thanks Charles... yes so glad I posted today and look forward to meeting you and the other NY investors Tuesday.

  • Matthew SpiegelPro Member
    Investor · Long Island City, NY · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Forming a general meet up group that can meet on a regular basis maybe 1-2 times a month would be great. I think consistency is more important that frequency if we could start doing it once a month that would be great, and depending on the level of interest can increase frequency or break out subgroups for different Boroughs, I myself live in Queens and wouldn't mind starting Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island subgroups for example but let's start with the general NYC group and see how it goes?

    Would like to do something similar to what Ann Bellamy did in Massachusetts, she talks about it in one of the podcasts, 

    http://www.meetup.com/Black-Diamond-Real-Estate-In...

    Would like to create a group that is informational, and conducive to networking so we all do more deals and make more money, with NO selling speakers, gurus, or any other hard sells.  

    Would like to see the level of interest and maybe we can get a few organizers together to plan something out...

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    @Matthew Spiegel I would be interested in that as well if someone were to organize it

  • Woodside, NY · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Sounds like a great idea! I'd be happy to join in!

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Our next NYC meetup is going to be announced for Sept. 23.  @Matthew Spiegel, @Matt Lane, and @Account Closed

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Darren Sager I am in as well.  Look forward to details.

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 13 votes
    11y
  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    @Darren Sager Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 114 posts · 20 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Matthew Spiegel:

    Forming a general meet up group that can meet on a regular basis maybe 1-2 times a month would be great. I think consistency is more important that frequency if we could start doing it once a month that would be great, and depending on the level of interest can increase frequency or break out subgroups for different Boroughs, I myself live in Queens and wouldn't mind starting Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island subgroups for example but let's start with the general NYC group and see how it goes?

    Would like to do something similar to what Ann Bellamy did in Massachusetts, she talks about it in one of the podcasts, 

    http://www.meetup.com/Black-Diamond-Real-Estate-In...

    Would like to create a group that is informational, and conducive to networking so we all do more deals and make more money, with NO selling speakers, gurus, or any other hard sells.  

    Would like to see the level of interest and maybe we can get a few organizers together to plan something out...

    If you wouldn't mind the company of a newbie hasn't done a deal yet and is still working on his REI education, then I'd like to attend too.

  • Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Thanks @Matthew Spiegel, sounds like @Darren Sager already has it covered in NYC.  

    We'd like to franchise Black Diamond nationwide, and make lots of money selling the franchise rights. 

    Oh, but wait.  Our business model for Black Diamond is a cost center and doesn't make a profit, so I guess we wouldn't get much for the local franchises, huh?  Bummer.  I guess we'll just have to settle for doing more deals.  :-)

  • Investor · Leominster, MA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 589 votes
    11y

    @Ann Bellamyshould read through and franchise

  • Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Rob Beland, what do you mean I should read through?

  • Investor · Leominster, MA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 589 votes
    11y

    Somebody mentioned you and Black Diamond @Ann Bellamy.

    You weren't tagged so I wanted you to be able to read through the thread.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.