Montgomery County, Bucks County meetup

Montgomery County, Bucks County meetup

Real Estate Agent · Souderton, PA · Member since 2016 · 591 posts · 414 votes
Is there a meetup for those interested in the Montgomery or Bucks county area? If not, is there anyone out there that would be interested in getting one started? Please reply if your in the area and would be willing to meet. I'm an agent and investor in the area and looking to network.
3Reply
266 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2010 · 151 posts · 71 votes
9y

Hi @William C.

Check out DIG (Diversified Investor's Group, www.digonline.org).  The main meeting is in Ambler and there are additional subgroup meetings every month.  There is specifically a Bux/Mont Sub Group which non-members can attend one time for free.  Check out the event calendar on the website. 

See this reply in the discussion

76 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Souderton, PA · Member since 2016 · 591 posts · 414 votes
    9y

    anyone interested in meeting up direct message me with your phone number.  I found a location that will have us.

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Hello,

    I am currently living in Hanover PA, but I am also interested in REI options in Central Maryland. Please keep me updated on this. Thanks and God bless!

  • Conshohocken, PA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Hello all. I'll follow up on @Steve Babiak's suggestion to check out DIG meetings. I think that anytime you can meet up with a group of investors that are further along on the path you seek, obviously there's a tremendous opportunity. I've expressed interest in this meetup for that reason... the chance to learn from and meet others with similar interests and maybe even share some of my experiences and knowledge (limited as they may be)! That said, DIG is a tremendous organization that offers this opportunity many times each month. Most monthly general meetings, attended by hundreds of investors, host a different speaker with real-world knowledge and a ton of experience. Low cost full-day classes are regularly offered, and the local monthly meetings (20-50 folks) provide the more intimate setting some may seek. At the most recent Montco sub-group meeting, we heard from an attorney representing banks at sheriff sales that took time to answer all our questions and provide solid advice for researching and buying foreclosed real estate. The last general meeting focused on house inspections from an investors perspective, and the prior hosted a speaker with over 600 wholesale deals in the books. At about $140 per yr (tax write off) with multiple learning chances like these per month, I can't imagine a better value for your money. I'll continue to follow this thread and try to attend if/when a meeting happens, but I will also be attending at least one of these types of meetings every month through DIG.
  • Real Estate Agent · Souderton, PA · Member since 2016 · 591 posts · 414 votes
    9y
    Thanks for the info on DIG. Hopefully someone can benefit from the info. I'm not interested in that type of group. I'm looking for a smaller intimate group and really get to know the people involved. I'm also not looking for classes or any type of lectures. Nor do I feel the need to pay to meet with like minded individuals. I'm sure it's great, but that's not what I'm looking to build hear in this meetup.
  • King Of Prussia, PA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Finally made it to a DIG meeting and can weigh in.

    Overall, would recommend it to anyone in the area. There were small break out sessions, a n00b educational session, and then a general panel of candid folks that are all active investors. Tons of opportunities to network on a personal level before, during, and after. I was there for an hour and a half afterwards talking with investors in my market.

    What I haven't tried out yet are the sub groups. There are sub groups for a bunch of different niches in addition to area subs. The crazy thing is that there is a sub meeting available just about every other day. 

    I have no affiliation nor benefit from DIG in any way. Just want people to be informed so they don't drag their feet getting to a meeting like I did and missing the wealth of information and networking.

  • Warminster, PA · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    I am in Bucks but interested in the Bucks/Montgomery area as well. Not sure how many of you are from Bucks but it would be nice to meet somewhere in between if that's OK with everyone.
  • Pottstown, PA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    I'm in the Montgomery County area, I am also interested in a meet up. If anyone wants to connect or follow me on BP I will do the same. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Souderton, PA · Member since 2016 · 591 posts · 414 votes
    7y

    Digging up this old thread in hopes to get a meeting on the books.  A date, time and place were the hang up last time.  So this time I have a venue to have everyone, for free, and once I have some interest I set a date and time a few weeks out so people can prepare to attend.   Mention me in your reply and I'll mark you down as attending.  Thanks, looking forward to meet some new like minded individuals.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    William, I am interested - depending on date and location.

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @William C.:

    Digging up this old thread in hopes to get a meeting on the books.  A date, time and place were the hang up last time.  So this time I have a venue to have everyone, for free, and once I have some interest I set a date and time a few weeks out so people can prepare to attend.   Mention me in your reply and I'll mark you down as attending.  Thanks, looking forward to meet some new like minded individuals.

     @William C. I would like to attend. Please let me know what is the planning date. Thanks!

  • Conshohocken, PA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @William C. I am interested as well.

  • Accountant · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    @William C. did you all ever get a meetup going? I found this old thread looking for meetups in the area

  • Wholesaler · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @William C. I am interested

  • Real Estate Agent · Souderton, PA · Member since 2016 · 591 posts · 414 votes
    6y

    Let’s do it.  We just bought a property in Green Lane with an outbuilding large enough to hold 15-20 with plenty of space to “social distance”.

    September 9th 6:00pm. 

    Anyone interested In attending shoot me a DM.

  • Investor · Chalfont, PA · Member since 2008 · 34 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    Nights are tough for me. Please let me know if you have any breakfast or lunch meetings.

    Best,

    Don Rotanz

  • Newtown, PA · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    6y

     I am interested. Is there still a meetup?  I am in lower Bucks as well (Newtown, PA) 

  • Greater Philly · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    I am interested in future meet ups in Philly area. Please let me know if you are planning additional meet ups. Thank you.

  • Contractor · South Eastern Pennsylvania · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Amar P. Did you ever get to a DIG meet-up?

  • Greater Philly · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    @Heather Gregory, I have not been to DIg meet up. Sounds very interesting though. Would definitely attend one soon. Thanks for suggestion. Did you attend DIg? Was it helpful?

  • Contractor · South Eastern Pennsylvania · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Steve Babiak Hi Steve, can you please send me some more info on DIG?

  • Contractor · South Eastern Pennsylvania · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Amar P.

    I haven't but am curious about more info. Will be making it a priority!

  • Investor · Collegeville, PA · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Any new info about these meetups would be

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    5y

    Just go to meetup.com to find meetups that are actually happening.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.