Montgomery County, Bucks County meetup

76 Replies | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

@William C. I'm also an agent as well as a wholesaler that picks up inventory in Montgomery County. Give me a call or direct message me when you get a chance.

anyone interested in meeting up direct message me with your phone number.  I found a location that will have us.

Hello all. I'll follow up on @Steve Babiak 's suggestion to check out DIG meetings. I think that anytime you can meet up with a group of investors that are further along on the path you seek, obviously there's a tremendous opportunity. I've expressed interest in this meetup for that reason... the chance to learn from and meet others with similar interests and maybe even share some of my experiences and knowledge (limited as they may be)! That said, DIG is a tremendous organization that offers this opportunity many times each month. Most monthly general meetings, attended by hundreds of investors, host a different speaker with real-world knowledge and a ton of experience. Low cost full-day classes are regularly offered, and the local monthly meetings (20-50 folks) provide the more intimate setting some may seek. At the most recent Montco sub-group meeting, we heard from an attorney representing banks at sheriff sales that took time to answer all our questions and provide solid advice for researching and buying foreclosed real estate. The last general meeting focused on house inspections from an investors perspective, and the prior hosted a speaker with over 600 wholesale deals in the books. At about $140 per yr (tax write off) with multiple learning chances like these per month, I can't imagine a better value for your money. I'll continue to follow this thread and try to attend if/when a meeting happens, but I will also be attending at least one of these types of meetings every month through DIG.

Thanks for the info on DIG. Hopefully someone can benefit from the info. I'm not interested in that type of group. I'm looking for a smaller intimate group and really get to know the people involved. I'm also not looking for classes or any type of lectures. Nor do I feel the need to pay to meet with like minded individuals. I'm sure it's great, but that's not what I'm looking to build hear in this meetup.

Finally made it to a DIG meeting and can weigh in.

Overall, would recommend it to anyone in the area. There were small break out sessions, a n00b educational session, and then a general panel of candid folks that are all active investors. Tons of opportunities to network on a personal level before, during, and after. I was there for an hour and a half afterwards talking with investors in my market.

What I haven't tried out yet are the sub groups. There are sub groups for a bunch of different niches in addition to area subs. The crazy thing is that there is a sub meeting available just about every other day. 

I have no affiliation nor benefit from DIG in any way. Just want people to be informed so they don't drag their feet getting to a meeting like I did and missing the wealth of information and networking.

I am in Bucks but interested in the Bucks/Montgomery area as well. Not sure how many of you are from Bucks but it would be nice to meet somewhere in between if that's OK with everyone.

Digging up this old thread in hopes to get a meeting on the books.  A date, time and place were the hang up last time.  So this time I have a venue to have everyone, for free, and once I have some interest I set a date and time a few weeks out so people can prepare to attend.   Mention me in your reply and I'll mark you down as attending.  Thanks, looking forward to meet some new like minded individuals.

Originally posted by @William C. :

Digging up this old thread in hopes to get a meeting on the books.  A date, time and place were the hang up last time.  So this time I have a venue to have everyone, for free, and once I have some interest I set a date and time a few weeks out so people can prepare to attend.   Mention me in your reply and I'll mark you down as attending.  Thanks, looking forward to meet some new like minded individuals.

@William C. I would like to attend. Please let me know what is the planning date. Thanks!

Let’s do it.  We just bought a property in Green Lane with an outbuilding large enough to hold 15-20 with plenty of space to “social distance”.

September 9th 6:00pm. 

Anyone interested In attending shoot me a DM.