Houston Real Estate Meetup

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
Originally posted by @Eric Thomson:

@Cody L. You can’t go inside the loop after dark. Nobody’s looking to get stabbed over a meetup. 

 That's funny, some of the most expensive sought after properties are inside the loop.  Specifically a few submarkets (midtown/montrose/heights).  Giant new class A being built all over the place.  Something tells me if people were being stabbed left and right that wouldn't be the case.

But I'd rather be stabbed inside the loop then live in Conroe where I'd likely stab myself

See this reply in the discussion

75 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Lola Aboyeji I'm interested in joining one in the area as well

  • Attorney · Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 397 posts · 215 votes
    6y

    We do one in Katy every 2nd Tuesday night.

  • Katy, TX · Member since 2017 · 149 posts · 72 votes
    6y

    @Ethan G. I will send you a PM. I live in Katy and would love to join. 

  • Attorney · Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 397 posts · 215 votes
    6y
    Cool, send me your email address via pm and I will add you to my list.

    Originally posted by @David Olson:

    @Ethan G. I will send you a PM. I live in Katy and would love to join. 

  • New to Real Estate · Costa Rica · Member since 2019 · 62 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    @Ethan G. does that mean it just happened yesterday?  I'm in for the next one. I am from The Woodlands but I don't mind the drive.

  • Attorney · Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 397 posts · 215 votes
    6y
    Yes, it happened yesterday.  
    Originally posted by @Julio R Gonzalez:

    @Ethan G. does that mean it just happened yesterday?  I'm in for the next one. I am from The Woodlands but I don't mind the drive.

  • Matt McGuirePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Montgomery, TX · Member since 2018 · 201 posts · 103 votes
    6y

    @Lola Aboyeji

  • Matt McGuirePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Montgomery, TX · Member since 2018 · 201 posts · 103 votes
    6y

    I’m hosting one tomorrow night in Conroe. I know it’s a ways from southwest Houston but the more the merrier!

    It’s at the Pacific Yard House from 5:30 to 8:30ish

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    Originally posted by @Ethan G.:

    We do one in Katy every 2nd Tuesday night.

    Thanks for the response and pm Ethan. I look forward to joining the meet up. 

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    Originally posted by @Matt McGuire:

    I’m hosting one tomorrow night in Conroe. I know it’s a ways from southwest Houston but the more the merrier!

    It’s at the Pacific Yard House from 5:30 to 8:30ish

     Awesome, thanks Matt! Is there a sequence to the meet up day? Like every 3rd Thursday of every month. 

    I'm asking in case any other newbie is looking for Houston area real estate events.

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    I don't know how the reply button works yet.  Thank you all for the response. I'm looking forward to the next meetup in Katy. 

    @Julio Gonzales see there's one happening in Conroe today. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Matt McGuire is it open to the public? I l live here in Conroe.

  • Matt McGuirePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Montgomery, TX · Member since 2018 · 201 posts · 103 votes
    6y

    Yes everyone is welcome. Come on by tonight! Its the first one, so I am not sure what the turnout will be but even if its just a few of us we will make the most of it. 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Ethan G. Just sent you a message. I'd like to join

  • Real Estate Broker/Owner & Property Manager · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 459 votes
    6y

    We used to have monthly meet up in Sugarland/Missouri City area and might get that going again if we see more interest. 

  • Pearland, TX · Member since 2017 · 29 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Anyone in Pearland/Friendswood/Alvin area for a meetup?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Man look at you guys.  Friendswood, Pearland, Woodlands, Conroe, Katy.  You guys and your BFE meetups.  Doesn't anyone meet inside of civilization (610 loop)?  


    (just kidding--  giving you a hard time.  Trying to play the role of inner loop snob. Which I guess I am :)

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Cody L.

    Any inner loopers want to do a meet up later this week or next week?

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Cody L. +1 with the innerloopers

  • Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2012 · 165 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    @Cody L. You can’t go inside the loop after dark. Nobody’s looking to get stabbed over a meetup. 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Eric Thomson

    I’d be more concerned in the outskirts of Conroe 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Eric Thomson:

    @Cody L. You can’t go inside the loop after dark. Nobody’s looking to get stabbed over a meetup. 

     That's funny, some of the most expensive sought after properties are inside the loop.  Specifically a few submarkets (midtown/montrose/heights).  Giant new class A being built all over the place.  Something tells me if people were being stabbed left and right that wouldn't be the case.

    But I'd rather be stabbed inside the loop then live in Conroe where I'd likely stab myself

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    @Matt McGuire I just saw this. How did the meet up go and do you plan on another meet up in Conroe?

  • New to Real Estate · Willis, TX · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Cody L.:
    Originally posted by @Eric Thomson:

    @Cody L. You can’t go inside the loop after dark. Nobody’s looking to get stabbed over a meetup. 

     That's funny, some of the most expensive sought after properties are inside the loop.  Specifically a few submarkets (midtown/montrose/heights).  Giant new class A being built all over the place.  Something tells me if people were being stabbed left and right that wouldn't be the case.

    But I'd rather be stabbed inside the loop then live in Conroe where I'd likely stab myself

    Hey man, we have two Chick-Fil-A's now and at least 20 other fast food options. If you're in Conroe, just eat yourself to a slow death like the rest of us!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Donnie Davis:
    Originally posted by @Cody L.:
    Originally posted by @Eric Thomson:

    @Cody L. You can’t go inside the loop after dark. Nobody’s looking to get stabbed over a meetup. 

     That's funny, some of the most expensive sought after properties are inside the loop.  Specifically a few submarkets (midtown/montrose/heights).  Giant new class A being built all over the place.  Something tells me if people were being stabbed left and right that wouldn't be the case.

    But I'd rather be stabbed inside the loop then live in Conroe where I'd likely stab myself

    Hey man, we have two Chick-Fil-A's now and at least 20 other fast food options. If you're in Conroe, just eat yourself to a slow death like the rest of us!

     I did a flip project forever ago when I was just starting out.  It was in the Del Lago subdivision.  I actually still own that place (on Presidio).  I used to go up there all the time to work on it.  I'd pass a Which Which along the way and always get the same thing.  Yeah, crap, that little flip project has been rented since forever ago.  I should go check it out next time I'm up there. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.