Robyn Thompson's junkers to millions boot camp

Robyn Thompson's junkers to millions boot camp

Plano, TX · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 19 votes

Has anyone ever attended Robyn Thompson (the queen of rehab) Junkers to millions 5 day boot camp, if so what did you think of it and more importantly is it working for you?

0Reply
190 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y

I love how people give themselves titles. For now on, I'm going to be Aaron Mazzrillo - "King of Content." With 67% vote ratio on my posts, (probably the highest on BP) that makes me an expert and you should listen to everything I say. LOL

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    12y

    @Gary Parker

    And same with the Home Security business. 90% of the door to door sales forces that cruise through America originate in Utah

  • Alex CraigBusiness Member
    Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I agree with @Jason Dillard

    I graduated college with over 50k in college debt with a worthless degree that I never used. I always found it fascinating that individuals do not want to pay for real estate instruction. 30 to 40k is ridicilious for a 4 day program. I found the most value out of going to hear speakers who had just spoke at our local REIA; typically that Saturday seminar was $50. A couple of the individuals I went to hear speak I went on to buy something else they were pitching. Whatever I bought, I always found nuggets of information that I found useful. I think finding someone who will coach you in your local market is the best bang for your buck and most certainly attending your local REIA. There will be a lot of people who will give you free advice. In my market, I have always sold local investors on the "buy one of my turnkey properties and I will walk you through the entire process from start to finish so that you are enabled to do it yourself next time if you so choose."

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 608 posts · 163 votes
    12y

    Thank you @Jay Hinrichs that is kind of what I thought you were going to say about the specific work force you were describing.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2012 · 135 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    If somebody mentions School VS Guru training again I am going to loose my cookies.

    @Alex Craig its a funny word you used there...you stated DEBT, as in to mean that someone (most likely sallie mae) LOANED you money to go to school. You didn't have to pay 50K CASH to go to school. Now granted that you found your degree worthless, but I can guarantee you that you didn't worry about your college being a fly by night operation and was going to run off with your money. I can guarantee you that they are regulated and/or accredited by a federally governing body that will assure you that the college you went to IS ACTUALLY a college.

    Let me ask you where is the federally governing body that verifies that people have ACTUALLY done deals? Or still doing them? Where is the Guru accreditation system that assures incoming investors that this person and/or company has been thoroughly vetted to verify that they are actually qualified to provide you with these teaching services?

    There is none. Its a single page sales copy webpage that just so happen to also be used by magic fat loss pills, known internet scam artist, and get rich quick schemes.

    but Guru's always want to use this intellectually dishonest comparison of FINANCING education.

    We're not talking about the VALUE...of course we see VALUE in it...we're talking about the FINANCING OF IT.

    Did anybody here pay 100k CASH for their College education? If they did, Wow thats amazing!

    Because most people I know GET A LOAN for college....

    @Jason Dillard if you have 5 grand laying around to give to a non-accredited, non-regulated individual on the HOPE that they will give you valuable information...thats great.

    Most people have less than 3k in their bank account and basically are one blown-transmission, medical emergency, or roof leak from being broke yet some freaking guru want to you to trust them and spend your VERY LAST on their program. "Oh you heard about people getting burned in these type programs, thats those other guys, not me....you can trust me (gold tooth smile)"

    Thats my problem with gurus...is that they go after people already destitute and desperate and they use their HOPE to sell them their system. Then use intellectually dishonest analogies like the FINANCING of College compared with maxing out your credit cards, borrowing the money from trusted friends/family, or taking your vey last out of your bank account. To invest in a system that has no accountability check system like federal accreditation and no ability to really gauge is this person different from the other person who is a definite scam artist.

    This is why I love BiggerPockets, its a COMMUNITY to share information. Its insane on the amount of information that I learned via BiggerPockets, Youtube and an occasional podcast.

    The fact that someone would want you to spend THOUSANDS of dollars on their program and then have the gull to tell you: "if you don't have a couple thousands to invest in marketing, its going to be harder for you to find deals than someone that does" <---- AN ACTUAL QUOTE FROM A GURU..after charging people THOUSANDS of dollars to get into his program. And when a person cried "well i just gave YOU all my money" his answer was to do Illegal "bandit signs made out of cardboard"

    I laughed after hearing that....because that person could of learned that here or on Youtube for free.

  • Alex CraigBusiness Member
    Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Shariyf Grevious

    I guess worthless was a strong word for my degree. Even though it was not in the field of study of my degree, it did help me land a corporate job which paid me enough to buy income property which eventually led to me quitting my job and starting my own Real Estate business. If I had to do it all over again, I would most certainly do it all over again---the year in college were a blast, just the fun I had was worth the $50,000!!!

    Just like I had the option to pick what college I wanted to go to, individuals have the choice of which guru to pay to go hear. Some are good and obviously some are a rip off. Like I mentioned, I never dropped big money to go hear one, but I did go see a few that my REIA sponsored for a Saturday workshop, which cost me something like $100 or less; some where worth it and I paid a little cash for the material they were selling at their workshop and some were not. I think the most I ever paid for materials someone was selling at a workshop was $1,000. The couple of materials I bought for that price, I did find useful.

    Anyone going to a course should do their due diligence before going to see a guru and be realistic in their expectation--there is not a course out there where one can go to and all of a sudden be able to quit their job as soon as they return. Unfortunately, a lot of individuals who go to these things hate their job so much,they are looking for a quick way out or even worse "get rich quick." But to pay $40,000 is insane---there is nothing someone can teach you in a 4 day seminar that is worth $40,000. My college experience was $50,000 and that was for 4 years worth of education. Personally, if you can find a mentor who will teach you for free is the best route to go--I found a few of those. I also suggest joining a local REIA and doing the Saturday workshops, which is relatively inexpensive. If you want more of a crash course approach to learn as much as possible as quick as possible, I think finding a coach in your local market who will walk you through the process is not a bad route. I offer that to local investors who buy one of our turnkey properties for free. Of course I have a profit in my turnkey home, but the information on how to do what I do, plus I give then access to all my sub contractors is priceless. That alone will save them thousands over the years. One of the individuals who took advantage of my offer was paying $2,000 for AC installs, but when I gave him access to my HVAC guy, he started paying $1,200 for AC installs. He was also paying $1,200 for Hot Water tank installs and now he is paying $600. In my market Curt Davis offers a reasonably priced coaching program where he gives one on one coaching on how to buy cash flow real estate. He does not tell anyone to quit their job, he simply walks them through the process and shows them how to buy income property from start to finish. That is much better then being in a auditorium full of other individuals dreaming of making it big quick and listening to someone jump around the stage for 4 days. I am not sure his fee structure, but I am thinking for under $2,000 he will teach you how to buy, finance, renovate, find tenants, manage your property, etc. One can easily lose $2,000 by not knowing how to do all of this up front.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    12y

    @Shariyf Grevious

    I paid more than 100k CASH for both of my kids college educations. bill came I paid it. no loans

  • Wholesaler · Saint Peters, MO · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I just attended the bootcamp.  I found it very informative!  Sure, there are other programs to purchase but you don't feel forced to buy.  I didn't feel that way when I attended Ron Legrand's.  The Wolff couple tried really hard to get you into the mentoring program, which I don't like to be forced to do something.  You will definitely learn a lot during Robyn's boot camp.  Well worth the time.

  • Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    I have seen her at several REAS also. I learned a lot. Reading books and doing a 5 day boot camp are not equivalent.  She has done what she teaches.  And is worth seeing her at least at a REA. Then make up your own mind. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.