RENATUS SCHOOLING?

RENATUS SCHOOLING?

Wholesaler · Springfield, MA · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 7 votes

has anyone looked into this? It claims to be a college on how to become a real estate investor from the best arpund. There are diferent courses the offer finacial aid and give you access to online classes or you can go to the school I believe in Wisconsin has anyone tried it?

1
Topic locked
2,018 views

Most Popular Reply

J ScottPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
12y
Originally posted by Doug Leedy:
I belong to Renatus here in south Florida. It's 100% legit. I've been in real estate for 40 years and it's the best concept in real estate investing I've seen in my career. I only wish it had been available when I was younger. I've been to several of the Guru's and spent tens of thousands of dollars, so I know and understand their models, and Renatus blows them out of the water for several reasons.

Doug - You have 4 posts on BP, all of which are regarding this company and 3 of which are just cut-and-paste of the exact text above. While that doesn't necessarily detract from your experience or opinions, it does call into question your relationship with the company (and your motives for posting here).

Is there a reason you've chosen to participate in the discussions about this company over the past year, but no other discussions here on BP?

28
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

390 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @J Scott:

    Whee!  Um, I'm holding out for airfare and hotel accommodations.  

    Let me tell you something, Bob...  It's not worth my time to get on a plane to debate with the head of Renatus, but I'd seriously consider jumping on a plane to come hang out and have a beer with you...  :-)

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    @Brian Gibbons

    In what forum did you post info about your training without getting "TOS'd" (posts deleted for violating Terms of Service)?

     I started my own business blog on bigger pockets along time ago David and I show people how to do things on the business blog.

    Why don't you Google Brian Gibbons biggerPockets and look for my material

    Good luck!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Thanx much, @Brian Gibbons. It always helps to have an example as a starting point.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by :

    You are the one slandering...

    Btw, I'm pretty sure that word doesn't mean what you think it means...


    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Since you are a Robert G. Allen fan @David Dachtera

    `````````````````````````````````````````

    If you think the right kind of education is expensive, try ignorance.
    Robert G Allen

    Learn from the experts but don’t pray to them.
    Robert G Allen

    [On encouraging people to climb their own mountains rather than only listening to (campfire) stories] The best teacher is not a camp maker but a camp breaker.
    Robert G Allen

    Nothing could be worse than to have been in the same room with several millionaires without asking them some questions…
    Robert G Allen

    Send me to any unemployment line. Let me select someone who is broke, out of work, discouraged. Let me teach hem in two day’s time the secrets of wealth. And in 90 days he’ll be back on his feet, with $5,000 cash in the bank, never to set foot in an unemployment line again…
    Robert G Allen

    There are no money problems. There are only attitude problems. A go-getter with the proper attitude cannot be denied.
    Robert G Allen

    Face your fear. You always find the best fishing holes in the places where the average fisherman is afraid to go.
    Robert G Allen

    Watch the crowd. Go in the opposite direction.
    Robert G Allen

    Success does not come by following the crowd.
    Robert G Allen

    Like all great people before you, be determined to fail your way to success if necessary.
    Robert G Allen

    If the masses yearn to be loved, strive instead to be respected.
    Robert G Allen

    All opportunities are disguised as problems.
    Robert G Allen

    Until you know value, everything is worthless.
    Robert G Allen

    Money is attracted to great ideas.
    Robert G Allen

    You are your wealth. The money that flows to you is just a by-product of your non-financial resources.
    Robert G Allen

    There is no failure – only feedback.
    Robert G Allen

    A network saves legwork.
    Robert G Allen

    An average person with a modest routine of self-improvement will out perform a disorganized genius ninety-nine times out of a hundred.
    Robert G Allen

    There are no wealth secrets. Common sense plus action equals power.
    Robert G Allen

    I’ve tried, I’ve failed, I’ve learned from my mistakes, and I’ve succeeded.
    Robert G Allen

    You’d be wise to have multiple streams of income flowing into your life.
    Robert G Allen

    Ordinary people are much more vulnerable. If they lose one of their [money] streams, it wipes them out. And it takes them years to recover.
    Robert G Allen

    Every dollar bill is a money seed.
    Robert G Allen

    Just as a tiny acorn contains the power to grow into a mighty oak tree, each dollar bill has the power to grow into a mighty money tree.
    Robert G Allen

    How did a fool and his money get together in the first place?
    Robert G Allen

    If you don’t value money, you won’t make the effort to control it. If you can’t control it, you won’t be able to save it. And it you can’t save it, there won’t be any surplus to invest. If you don’t understand investing, you’ll be a less effective entrepreneur. Therefore, you won’t have any money to shield. And if you don’t have any to shield, you won’t have any to share.
    Robert G Allen

    When you earn it, you value it.
    Robert G Allen

    The object of the money game is to accumulate enough investments so that the income from these investments will eventually support you.
    Robert G Allen

    Each wasted dollar destroys a forest of future money trees.
    Robert G Allen

    Poor people have disorganized, short-term planning horizons. Rich people have organized, long-term planning horizons.
    Robert G Allen

    How many times do you get paid for every hour that you work?
    Robert G Allen

    When times get tough, people gravitate to either price or quality.
    Robert G Allen

    Employees are dangerous! They begin to feel they are entitled to their jobs… Today, I have zero employees. I like it that way.
    Robert G Allen

    What percentage of my day did I spend creating residual income?
    Robert G Allen

    Most entrepreneurs own businesses that are nothing more than glorified monkey traps… That is not my idea of fun.
    Robert G Allen

    The longer you invest, the lower your risk.
    Robert G Allen

    The sooner you buy, the richer you can become.
    Robert G Allen

    [On Acres of Diamonds story about a man who dreamed of owning a diamond mine when at the end his farm that he sold was one of the biggest diamond mines ever found – Diamonds in our backyard] Many of us are like the man going off in search of diamonds. We waste time, money and energy in endless moneymaking schemes while the greatest source of wealth is lying right at our feet – real estate.
    Robert G Allen

    Everybody knows that one of the smartest ways to make serious money is in real estate. In the long run, the largest asset most people ever have at retirement is the equity in their own home.
    Robert G Allen

    The best time to buy real estate is today… and this isn’t going to change anytime soon.
    Robert G Allen

    If you think the right kind of education is expensive, try ignorance.
    Robert G Allen

    Learn from the experts but don’t pray to them.
    Robert G Allen

    [On encouraging people to climb their own mountains rather than only listening to (campfire) stories] The best teacher is not a camp maker but a camp breaker.
    Robert G Allen

    Nothing could be worse than to have been in the same room with several millionaires without asking them some questions…
    Robert G Allen

    Send me to any unemployment line. Let me select someone who is broke, out of work, discouraged. Let me teach hem in two day’s time the secrets of wealth. And in 90 days he’ll be back on his feet, with $5,000 cash in the bank, never to set foot in an unemployment line again…
    Robert G Allen

    There are no money problems. There are only attitude problems. A go-getter with the proper attitude cannot be denied.
    Robert G Allen

    Face your fear. You always find the best fishing holes in the places where the average fisherman is afraid to go.
    Robert G Allen

    Watch the crowd. Go in the opposite direction.
    Robert G Allen

    Success does not come by following the crowd.
    Robert G Allen

    Like all great people before you, be determined to fail your way to success if necessary.
    Robert G Allen

    If the masses yearn to be loved, strive instead to be respected.
    Robert G Allen

    All opportunities are disguised as problems.
    Robert G Allen

    Until you know value, everything is worthless.
    Robert G Allen

    Money is attracted to great ideas.
    Robert G Allen

    You are your wealth. The money that flows to you is just a by-product of your non-financial resources.
    Robert G Allen

    There is no failure – only feedback.
    Robert G Allen

    A network saves legwork.
    Robert G Allen

    An average person with a modest routine of self-improvement will out perform a disorganized genius ninety-nine times out of a hundred.
    Robert G Allen

    There are no wealth secrets. Common sense plus action equals power.
    Robert G Allen

    I’ve tried, I’ve failed, I’ve learned from my mistakes, and I’ve succeeded.
    Robert G Allen

    You’d be wise to have multiple streams of income flowing into your life.
    Robert G Allen

    Ordinary people are much more vulnerable. If they lose one of their [money] streams, it wipes them out. And it takes them years to recover.
    Robert G Allen

    Every dollar bill is a money seed.
    Robert G Allen

    Just as a tiny acorn contains the power to grow into a mighty oak tree, each dollar bill has the power to grow into a mighty money tree.
    Robert G Allen

    How did a fool and his money get together in the first place?
    Robert G Allen

    If you don’t value money, you won’t make the effort to control it. If you can’t control it, you won’t be able to save it. And it you can’t save it, there won’t be any surplus to invest. If you don’t understand investing, you’ll be a less effective entrepreneur. Therefore, you won’t have any money to shield. And if you don’t have any to shield, you won’t have any to share.
    Robert G Allen

    When you earn it, you value it.
    Robert G Allen

    The object of the money game is to accumulate enough investments so that the income from these investments will eventually support you.
    Robert G Allen

    Each wasted dollar destroys a forest of future money trees.
    Robert G Allen

    Poor people have disorganized, short-term planning horizons. Rich people have organized, long-term planning horizons.
    Robert G Allen

    How many times do you get paid for every hour that you work?
    Robert G Allen

    When times get tough, people gravitate to either price or quality.
    Robert G Allen

    Employees are dangerous! They begin to feel they are entitled to their jobs… Today, I have zero employees. I like it that way.
    Robert G Allen

    What percentage of my day did I spend creating residual income?
    Robert G Allen

    Most entrepreneurs own businesses that are nothing more than glorified monkey traps… That is not my idea of fun.
    Robert G Allen

    The longer you invest, the lower your risk.
    Robert G Allen

    The sooner you buy, the richer you can become.
    Robert G Allen

    [On Acres of Diamonds story about a man who dreamed of owning a diamond mine when at the end his farm that he sold was one of the biggest diamond mines ever found – Diamonds in our backyard] Many of us are like the man going off in search of diamonds. We waste time, money and energy in endless moneymaking schemes while the greatest source of wealth is lying right at our feet – real estate.
    Robert G Allen

    Everybody knows that one of the smartest ways to make serious money is in real estate. In the long run, the largest asset most people ever have at retirement is the equity in their own home.
    Robert G Allen

    The best time to buy real estate is today… and this isn’t going to change anytime soon.
    Robert G Allen

    If you want to own property, there is a way for you to do it – if you just don’t let somebody talk you out of it!
    Robert G Allen

    While the vast majority of sellers are inflexible in their prices and terms, a small percentage of sellers are highly motivated to sell.
    Robert G Allen

    There’s no better feeling in the world than to help someone and, in the process, to help yourself.
    Robert G Allen

    I find the resistance to creative financing to be largely a matter of ignorance and not philosophy… They simply don’t know how to do it, and therefore they claim that it can’t be done.
    Robert G Allen

    Gentle persuasion is better than force.
    Robert G Allen

    The stronger the tactics, the greater the resistance.
    Robert G Allen

    The quickest way to lessen the resistance is to develop rapport.
    Robert G Allen

    Friends help friends get ahead.
    Robert G Allen

    You need to be buying when the sheep are selling and selling when the sheep are buying.
    Robert G Allen

    Most people live their lives unaware of the incredible opportunities that exist all around them.
    Robert G Allen

    Intellectual property is the real wealth of the new millennium.
    Robert G Allen

    You are one classified ad away from a fortune.
    Robert G Allen

    It is my firm belief that everyone – including you – has at least one good book in them.
    Robert G Allen

    One mediocre idea with some good marketing power can generate a lifetime stream of cash.
    Robert G Allen

    Every economic cycle brings a renewed feeding frenzy in real estate.
    Robert G Allen

    Sometimes there is more money in selling bait to other fishermen than to go fishing yourself.
    Robert G Allen

    Man must chase ten rabbits in order to catch three.
    Robert G Allen

    Structure your life to live like a millionaire but be a pauper on paper. In other words, you must create a financial fortress around your family [assets] so that nothing can penetrate it.
    Robert G Allen

    Be such a powerful steward over your forest of money trees that they can produce fruit to feed generations of people long after you have gone.
    Robert G Allen

    Don’t spend so much time accumulating assets and income streams that you neglect the most important relationships in your life. Be wise.
    Robert G Allen

    2
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @J Scott:
    Originally posted by :

    You are the one slandering...

    Btw, I'm pretty sure that word doesn't mean what you think it means...

    Then, I guess you might prefer "libel":

    the act of publishing a false statement that causes people to have a bad opinion of someone

    2a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

    - Merriam Webster Dictionary. 
    1
    Topic locked
  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    @Roy N.

    "However, 15 to 16 pages later, plus an evening of research and I still do not know the scope of the curriculum nor the details of the various courses."

    Well, forum terms of service prohibit posting links to external websites. So, let me just say Google MyRenatus to find the website. The info you seek is there. Persistence will be key.

     David,

    As I wrote above and in an earlier post, I did that last weekend.  Crawled every page on the Renaltus website - only found broad outlines, not a detailed curriculum nor class syllabi.  I was also unable to find credentials for any of the instructors.

    So, who do I contact to request this information?

    BTW:  The forum rules do not prohibit posting links to external sites, they do prohibit self-promotion of URLs to your own services outside of the Market Place.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:
    Originally posted by @J Scott:
    Originally posted by :

    You are the one slandering...

    Btw, I'm pretty sure that word doesn't mean what you think it means...

    Then, I guess you might prefer "libel":

    the act of publishing a false statement that causes people to have a bad opinion of someone

    2a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

    - Merriam Webster Dictionary. 

    Good job!  See...a little bit of research can go a long way.  This way, next time you plan to threaten someone with legal action, you'll actually know what to threaten them with...

    Btw, it's not that I "prefer 'libel'"...I simply prefer people to be accurate and precise in their communication...definitions of law aren't impacted by my preference.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Brian Gibbons,

    Yes - Robert Allen was one of my earliest adopted mentors. I especially liked his self-deprecation. He said that he graduated business school in that third of the class which made the upper two-thirds possible.

    I also like his "bath tub theory of economics": The idea that you can think of your finances in terms of "faucets" letting water into your wealth "bath tub" versus "drains" which let it escape.

    I was also part of his "WinKids" Self Esteem program early on.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    @David Dachtera

    If you publish GREAT content then people VOTE FOR YOU.

    If people vote for you, they like and trust you.  

    Then they look at your signature. 

    And Viola! You have a business prospect.

    I would get off this angry thread and get to work, 

    start a Business BP Blog.

    Here is mine.

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/3-reiskills-and...

    And see this link

    How to build your business using BiggerPockets

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/pro?utm_source=search...

    1
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Again, thanx much, @Brian Gibbons.

    I'll be off-line for a while starting the end of this week, but I will make those a priority when I plug back in again.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    @David Dachtera

    If you have quality ideas, I am open to talking to you on the phone.

    I like private lending, jv partners and seller financing.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Roy N.

    This got "TOS'd" last time I posted it, but I'll try again...

    From the MyRenatus Home page, click on the "Education" tab. Ignore the drop downs.

    Scroll down on the page that opens to find the course catalogue. The info you seek is there.

    0
    Topic locked
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Brian Gibbons:

    @David Dachtera

    If you publish GREAT content then people VOTE FOR YOU.

    If people vote for you, they like and trust you.  

    Then they look at your signature. 

    And Viola! You have a business prospect.

    I would get off this angry thread and get to work, 

    start a Business BP Blog.

    Here is mine.

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/3-reiskills-and...

    And see this link

    How to build your business using BiggerPockets

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/pro?utm_source=search...

    Exactly!  This is what I've been trying to tell David for 6 pages now...

    Here is something I wrote two days ago back on Page 12 (and Brian is certainly one of the people on this site who puts this to work for him, and has gained him a ton of respect around here):

    2
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    11y

    Holy cow - I actually read this whole thing.  It's just been popping up and hanging around so long, I decided to take a peek.  Too many big players in here not to!

    Anyway - I still haven't heard boo from either recruiter/promoter/volunteer about actual investing substance anywhere, anytime.  If your first post and all subsequent posts are to promote/defend/deny/repeat about an expensive, unproven, unaccredited product, I would normally make a note and ignore you and all you say.  Do you know how many closed accts and banned members there are for only self-promoting?  Anyone can do that.  You are both (Doug and Dave) well-written and sound fairly educated so I'm scratching my head as to why you don't just...

     jump in sometime and help someone. Offer advice from your experience and leave the word 'mentor says' and the R word out of it.  What do you yourself know?  Share it freely and it will come back!  I am selling nothing, yet get offers to be a guest on shows, do coaching, wbsite jv stuff I know nothing about. I have no platform or angle so I humbly say no thanks.   Just help and offer if you in fact have anything of substance to share!  I don't think either of you do.

    2
    Topic locked
  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    @Roy N.

    This got "TOS'd" last time I posted it, but I'll try again...

    From the MyRenatus Home page, click on the "Education" tab. Ignore the drop downs.

    Scroll down on the page that opens to find the course catalogue. The info you seek is there.

     David,

    Thank-you, I had read that 20-page glossy brochure already.  I was looking for less marketing and more details on course content.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 75 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    Roy,

    I have to agree with you. Renatus changed the corporate website about a year ago and I hate the new one. It does lack the education detail and I don't know why. I find it confusing and difficult to maneuver easily. Like so many things today, it's too cute by half (my age may have something to do with that, lol).  I will also say that I'm surprised at the mystery of the cost of the Renatus education. There are four levels starting at $2,000 for our Essentials level and topping out at $20,000 for our top level, which consists of well over 100 hours (actually closer to 200 I think...I've never counted them all up) of classroom education plus mentoring and many, many training classes that aren't part of the formal education. Essentials includes courses that help with starting a business (not just a real estate business) and include the beginnings of real estate investing. The real key the individual organization you get in. Mine is very heavy on training...over ten hours every week at a minimum plus all kinds of archived material, both written and videoed. 

    Renatus corporate projects Renatus as strictly an education company. The individual leaders then develop their own systems beyond that. The Chicago system, of which I'm a part, is the epidemy of what Renatus can be, IMO. Believe me, there is a lot more to Renatus than meets the eye.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Steve Vaughan:

    Holy cow - I actually read this whole thing.  It's just been popping up and hanging around so long, I decided to take a peek.  Too many big players in here not to!

    Anyway - I still haven't heard boo from either recruiter/promoter/volunteer about actual investing substance anywhere, anytime.  If your first post and all subsequent posts are to promote/defend/deny/repeat about an expensive, unproven, unaccredited product, I would normally make a note and ignore you and all you say.  Do you know how many closed accts and banned members there are for only self-promoting?  Anyone can do that.  You are both (Doug and Dave) well-written and sound fairly educated so I'm scratching my head as to why you don't just...

     jump in sometime and help someone. Offer advice from your experience and leave the word 'mentor says' and the R word out of it.  What do you yourself know?  Share it freely and it will come back!  I am selling nothing, yet get offers to be a guest on shows, do coaching, wbsite jv stuff I know nothing about. I have no platform or angle so I humbly say no thanks.   Just help and offer if you in fact have anything of substance to share!  I don't think either of you do.

     Look at the number of POSTS vs the number of VOTES people have.

    Steve Vaughn has a 50% ratio.

    Which is really hard to do.

    The quality of his advice is awesome. :)

    0
    Topic locked
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    11y

    Thank you all for participating in such a lively discussion. I am closing this thread now, it has run its course. 

    1
    Topic locked