Rental Property Investor · Northville, MI · Member since 2013 · 264 posts · 183 votes
Where do you buy your furnace filters? We have 24 units, all with gas-fired furnaces, so saving a little bit on filters that we change quarterly can really add up.
Also, what type of filter do you use? Are they pleated, or the cheaper fiberglass mesh type of filter?
Contractor · Monroe, NC · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 22 votes
11y
Hi Ken, there are several sites online that sell filters cheaper than most of the box stores. I don't purchase many except for personal use, but I like DiscountFilters.com. They offer free shipping and returns on all orders, and they ship quickly. I use the pleated type, but again, I'm not using them on the scale you are. Here is a link to their site -
Contractor · Monroe, NC · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 22 votes
11y
Hi Ken, there are several sites online that sell filters cheaper than most of the box stores. I don't purchase many except for personal use, but I like DiscountFilters.com. They offer free shipping and returns on all orders, and they ship quickly. I use the pleated type, but again, I'm not using them on the scale you are. Here is a link to their site -
Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
11y
Pleated definitely. 3 months vs 1 month. I buy contractor packs at box stores, unless they're the 2-inch thick ones that only Ace carries (not Lowe's or HD). Online sounds like too much work! Cheers!