Rehab Estimate Calculator

5 Replies

Hello, 

We do a lot of work on the houses and properties we buy. On average of $15-20K per house.

I need a tool that will let me add in tasks to be done and calculate and estimate after inspection.

For example,  Need 5 new windows, need shower head, the paint job in all walls, etc.... and once I'm done with everything at the end of would give me a ballpark estimate of cost and what exactly needs to be done so I can communicate with my contractors.

Do you know if anything of this sort is available in the market currently?

Hi Kirtan,

I have a rehab estimating spreadsheet in my BP fileplace that may be handy:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/drobertson/file/house-flipping-spreadsheet-6-lite

It has a list of common repairs and ballpark prices that you can use to create an estimate for your project.

Are you looking for a spreadsheet or an app?

Originally posted by @Kirtan Patel :

Hello David,

We have tried flipper force but the website didn't seem to work properly so we had to move on.

We're looking for an app but spreadsheet works fine as well.

Okay, I do recall chatting back in July which is right around when we were working on some performance enhancements to improve load times of the Estimator (now working much faster), but I am not aware of any major issues specifically with the Estimator.

As a software developer, it's always helpful to hear feedback if you find a bug.  Although we are using our software everyday, we can't fix something if we don't know it's broken. 😉

Thanks for your feedback.

Originally posted by @Brett Beaman :

@David Robertson thanks for sharing the estimator file, I was attempting to create something scratch.  You just saved some serious time

No problem Brett!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you