Old MLS Pictures-Where can I find them-If at all?

Old MLS Pictures-Where can I find them-If at all?

Northwest Indiana · Member since 2019 · 47 posts · 16 votes

Trying to pinpoint our list price on a flip and doing comparisons with recently sold similar properties. While looking at sq ft, location, # of beds/baths is great-I really want to see the interior pictures of the homes that have sold. It seems like sites like Zillow do not keep them-or i am just not looking in the right place.

Is there a place I can find these old listings that includes the interior pictures online? Or am I SOL? Of course I can look at "for sale" homes-but I think getting at "sold" homes would give me a more accurate comparison.

0Reply
278 views

Most Popular Reply

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
6y

Just google the address of the properties. You will probably find the pictures in question.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Hyde Park Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    The MLS photos are actually owned by the MLS. Once a property is sold, the feed to zillow and the like is discontinued. Those photos are copyrighted and cannot be used except by the originating realtor/broker and/or the MLS.

    When determining comparable values on your own, compare square footage, floor plans, market, garage/no garage - versus interior finishes which do not provide significant valuation strength.  

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    6y

    Just google the address of the properties. You will probably find the pictures in question.

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 235 posts · 194 votes
    6y

    You can ask a Realtor for a CMA to determine a sales price for you. The CMA report that I use has interior pictures of the sold comps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.