How old were you when you made your first BRRRR?

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Katie MillerPro Member
    General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 459 posts · 642 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Andrew Janssens:

    Hi everyone! 28 and considering my first BRRRR investment, curious when everyone else started their Real Estate investing journey. Thanks for sharing!


    I was 25 when I bought my first buy and hold, but it wasn't a BRRRR! Ultimately, age doesn't matter: get started just by doing SOMETHING and you're better off in the long run.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Andrew Janssens:

    Hi everyone! 28 and considering my first BRRRR investment, curious when everyone else started their Real Estate investing journey. Thanks for sharing!


    I was 23 years old when I started investing in Real estate. I was working before that for a man in Real Estate who was flipping houses. One day he questioned me why I was not doing what he was doing. I quickly realized the benefit of real estate and jumped right in. I was a late bloomer in college so I was a sophomore at the time. I had $500 to my name, My grandmother lent me $12k for the downpayment on a duplex on The Ohio State University campus in Columbus. Over the course of a year, my wife and I fixed it up, rented to friends, ate peanut butter and jelly, and did everything we could. We then refinanced the property and it has given us $140k in cash back and continually produces $1,800/month in cash flow.


    What is holding you back from jumping in?



  • Atlanta · Member since 2019 · 62 posts · 37 votes
    4y

    I have finished the BRR portion, and am in the Refinance portion now, getting documents together for a few lenders to consider. I'm almost 53, and this is my first investment property other than my personal residence. 

    I had a few bad experiences with real estate in the past, so I had ZERO interest in being an investor until 2020. I didn't know where to find good REI advice until 2020 when I discovered MeetKevin, which led me to BP when Kevin was a guest on the podcast.

    You all are off to a great start, running with BP, and getting good advice so young... dadgum whippersnappers... get off my lawn. :) lol

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    I started when I was 24. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.