What other Books / Resources should I review before my first REI?

What other Books / Resources should I review before my first REI?

San Jose · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 19 votes

Hello all,

I have read "How to Invest in Real Estate: The Ultimate Beginner's guide to getting started" and just finished "Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat". Is there another book i should read, or another resource to consume before I dive into starting my REI path?

Thanks so much!

-Eddie

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Oregon City, OR · Member since 2020 · 324 posts · 780 votes
3y

Whatever you need to feel comfortable. But nothing will teach you more than your first deal. There's a lot of good people on here that can help you through your first deal. @Zach Lemaster helped me through mine and has been a generous mentor. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Edward Suess-Hassman

    Here are my favorite books:

    Multifamily Millions by Dave Lindahl

    The ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy

    The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings by Steve Berges

    Commercial Real Estate Investing by Dolf De Roos

    Trump: The Best Real Estate Advice I Ever Received by Donald Trump

    Tax Free Wealth by Tom Wheelwright

    Commercial Real Estate 101: How Small Investors Can Get Started and Make It Big by David Lindahl

    Raising Private Capital: Building Your Real Estate Empire Using Other People’s Money by Matt Faircloth

    The Definitive Guide to Apartment Marketing by Josh Grillo

    Investing in Apartment Building by Matthew Martinez

    Crushing It in Apartments and Commercial Real Estate by Brian H Murray

    The 7 Secrets to Successful Apartment Leasing by Eric Cumley

    2 Years to a Million in Real Estate by Matthew Martinez

    Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge Newbery

    Commercial Mortgages 101: Everything You Need to Know to Create a Winning Loan Request by Michael Reinhard

    It’s a Whole New Business!: The how-to book of syndicated investment real estate by Gene Trowbridge

  • Taylor DaschBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Temple, TX · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 700 votes
    3y

    I liked The Millionaire Real Estate Investor By Gary Keller ( I think thats what its called). 

    One Rental At a Time - I dont remember the author but I know he broke it down into a way that resonated with my mindset. 

    Reading books is great but I wouldnt delay investing until I finish a certain book. Start getting after it, you will inevitably come across issues throughout the whole process. Research the issues when they come up and then the next time it happens, you will be prepared for it! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Manchester · Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 22 votes
    3y

    Those are great books to start with. I would continue to read but start putting some of what you have learned into practice. If you find that you are not finding the ability to put it into action then switch from practical books into mind set books....

    Think and Grow Rich

    Rich Dad Poor Dad

    Best of luck

  • Rental Property Investor · Oregon City, OR · Member since 2020 · 324 posts · 780 votes
    3y

    Whatever you need to feel comfortable. But nothing will teach you more than your first deal. There's a lot of good people on here that can help you through your first deal. @Zach Lemaster helped me through mine and has been a generous mentor. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.