Best Cities for Cashflow Rentals?

Best Cities for Cashflow Rentals?

Realtor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 12 votes

My wife and I are looking to get started as real estate investors. We live in California and it’s to expensive here to cash flow.

What's are some of the BEST CITIES in the USA to purchase SFR or Condo rental units that can still CASH FLOW?

At the moment we are considering Huntsville Al and Al Paseo, TX

But what other places should we be considering?

Thanks!

7Reply
66 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2020 · 33 posts · 30 votes
3y

Athens, AL (college town next to Huntsville) is a gem.  You can still get cash flow in both cities.  I've also recently bought in South Carolina and lots of cities there still work.  Most of Georgia still works, from Atlanta to Valdosta.  Tulsa, OK still works, and so does Waco, TX.  These are all great markets with growing economies for the most part.  Baltimore still works, but be careful.  Lots of shoddy rehabs and bad neighborhoods.  You can go further North and find cash flow, but with older homes, it just takes one bum HVAC or overlooked plumbing issue and you'll lose most your cash flow for that year.  Not saying don't go for it, but be careful with older homes if you're just getting started and out of state.  Good luck and reach out any time!

See this reply in the discussion

56 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 12 votes
    3y

    I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that took the time to respond to my post.  I've been travelling and just returned to see all the responses!   I'll be diving into some of these recommendations and follow up with those of you that work in areas that we feel may hold some promise.  

    I hope this post has also been helpful for other new investors as well.

    Cheers - RALPH


        

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 55 posts · 22 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ralph Richardson:

    I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that took the time to respond to my post.  I've been travelling and just returned to see all the responses!   I'll be diving into some of these recommendations and follow up with those of you that work in areas that we feel may hold some promise.  

    I hope this post has also been helpful for other new investors as well.

    Cheers - RALPH


        


     Hey Ralph, I figured I add my 2 cents. I've bought my last couple of rentals/flips in Daytona Beach FL. There's a lot of building going on out here, homes are cheap enough to still achieve cash flow and should continue to see steady appreciation. The beach is nearby, there's 3 colleges all nearby and lots of hospitals and medical facilities. If interested let me know brother, I'll be happy to help where I can. 

  • Mackaylee BeachPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 492 votes
    3y

    Hey Ralph,

    Kansas City definitely has a lot to offer! I've worked with hundreds of out of state investors in finding the right cash flowing investment property. Let me know if you'd like to connect and discuss different options. 

  • Member since 2022 · 50 posts · 24 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ralph Richardson:

    My wife and I are looking to get started as real estate investors. We live in California and it’s to expensive here to cash flow.

    What's are some of the BEST CITIES in the USA to purchase SFR or Condo rental units that can still CASH FLOW?

    At the moment we are considering Huntsville Al and Al Paseo, TX

    But what other places should we be considering?

    Thanks!


     WI, FL, MO, KS, and the list goes on... 
    Do you have any criteria when choosing the location?
    If not there's a lot we can discuss!

  • Investor · Verona, NJ · Member since 2023 · 55 posts · 29 votes
    3y

    There is an Episode on the Biggerpockets podcast about the top 10 cash flowing markets in the US. Why don't you go check it out and get some ideas of potential markets?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.