Hey guys i need you help here and i need some of your experience pls...
I'm on contract of my first brrrr with hard money loan
And i want to know thatcif i change the roof now and fixing the crowl space
That will cost me to do both of the things around 20k
I running the numbers and i can get the arv that i need buy my question when the aprizel coming after we finish to renovation the house with this to major fixing issues that he coulcaite with this 2 major fixing to his numbers for the arv or not ? Want to mention that that house now 2bed 1 bath and i qant to make it 3 bed and 2 bath
Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2021 · 774 posts · 501 votes
2y
Yakir - In my experience the appraiser will discount the house if their are obvious areas that need to be fixed/repaired. However, I'm not sure whether the discount will be => than the $20k you mention to fix the roof and repair the crawl space. To me, when a roof is starting the leak it should be repaired/replaced, so I rarely wait to fix a roof. Not sure what needs to be done to the crawl space, but that seems less important to me...