Has anyone used Roofstock to invest?

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason G.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2015 · 434 posts · 495 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sean Kirk:

    I'm seeing what seems to be 10%+ cap rates on roofstock. Has anyone bought from the platform? Is their underwriting sound?

    Plenty of roofstock reviews on BP. Recommend doing a search. But also be aware it appears their platform has changed in recent years. They used to offer exclusive properties but now it appears that they are pulling MLS listings and will connect you with an agent. Still can be very beneficial for a new investor but personally I think not as good as a service as they had with their exclusive listings where they had inspections already done, rent rolls available, and you can complete the entire offer/acceptance via their platform rather than being handed off to an agent.
  • Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2012 · 214 posts · 194 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Sean Kirk:

    I'm seeing what seems to be 10%+ cap rates on roofstock. Has anyone bought from the platform? Is their underwriting sound?


    I used Roofstock to sell one of my rental properties in TX as their sales commission is lower than going through traditional sales channels.  I have not purchased property via their platform but I'd also note it's few and far between to try to find any deals that pencil in the current environment.  4-5 years ago one could find good cash flow with SFR properties.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.