Would you buy this Lorain rental at $100K

Would you buy this Lorain rental at $100K

Ethan HaiglerBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2019 · 111 posts · 58 votes

Hey everyone — I’ve been digging deeper into some smaller Midwest markets lately (mainly around Cleveland/Lorain) and wanted to get some opinions on a deal I’m analyzing.

Here’s the breakdown:

• 📍 Lorain, OH

• 🏠 SFH | 4 bed / 1 bath

• 💰 Purchase Price: ~$100K

• 📈 Estimated ARV: ~$150K

• 🧱 Condition: Turnkey (tenant about to move in)

• 💵 Rent Range: ~$1,100–$1,400/mo

From what I’m seeing, this seems like a pretty solid entry point for a rental with some built-in equity.

A few things I’m thinking through:

• Cash flow looks decent depending on financing, but not crazy high

• Appreciation upside seems strong in pockets of Lorain near Cleveland

• Lower price point makes it easier to scale vs larger markets

Questions for the group:

1. Would you prioritize cash flow or appreciation on a deal like this?

2. What expense ratio would you underwrite here (I’m modeling ~40%)?

3. Would you hold long-term or look to BRRRR/refi out quickly?

I’ve been coming across a handful of similar deals in this area lately, so I’m trying to dial in my buy box.

If anyone is actively investing in this market, would love to connect and compare notes 👍

3 Little Pigs Rental Management
Ethan Haigler Realty
0Reply
61 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2021 · 774 posts · 501 votes
    5mo

    @Ethan Haigler - Can you clarify the value? You're buying it renovated and the ARV is $150k, but you're buying it for $100k. Refinancing your money out after purchase might be difficult without any renovations/improvements. Banks/credit unions sometimes get leery with increase value without any work. What type of financing will you have?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.