Any BRRRR investors in Columbus, OH?

Most Popular Reply

Remington LymanBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
6y

@Odayne Daley The first step is talking with a lender to find out what you wherewithal to purchase a home is

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    @Odayne Daley The first step is talking with a lender to find out what you wherewithal to purchase a home is

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 131 posts · 183 votes
    6y

    @Odayne Daley I'm giving it a go at the moment (first attempt). It's an old (1900) brick duplex in the South of Main area. Just renovating right now and trying to take lessons as the process plays out. Would be happy to connect if you'd like to swap notes as you move forward.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Daniel Judge Thanks for responding. Could I come and observe what the process looks like as far as rehab? My cell is 6143617575

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    I agree with @Remington Lyman, I would get pre-approved with a lender and then get connected with a realtor @Odayne Daley!

  • Investor · Hilliard, OH · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I'm in Columbus but my properties are not. :) Happy to connect though.

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Where do you invest @David Koz?

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 56 votes
    6y

    @Daniel Judge I would love to connect with you as well. I have some experience in multifamily and commercial RE but I'm hoping to implement the BRRRR strategy soon. I just sent you a request.

  • Investor · Hilliard, OH · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Zeke Liston:

    Where do you invest @David Koz?

    Small towns with more affordable properties for my budget.

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    I see, has that been going well so far @David Koz?

  • Rental Property Investor · Blacklick, OH · Member since 2016 · 286 posts · 253 votes
    6y

    @Odayne Daley We 5 properties in columbus we have BRRR and are working on our 6 right now. Let me know if you would like to connect. Good luck

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 131 posts · 183 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Mainwaring That's awesome to hear. Out of curiosity, how are you putting together your deals (cash, hard money, other)? Are you doing SFHs or something larger? And what areas are you finding the most success in? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Blacklick, OH · Member since 2016 · 286 posts · 253 votes
    6y

    @Daniel Judge We are using cash and private money but have recently started using hard money as well. We have focused on SFH but are not moving into multi-family units.

    We are focusing downtown.

  • Lender · All 50 States · Member since 2015 · 401 posts · 250 votes
    6y

    @Odayne Daley, One of the best things you can do is to start attending (assuming your not) the local REIA's and Meetups in your area. You will find lots of people there who are interested in and doing what you're looking for.

    Good luck.

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 218 posts · 134 votes
    6y

    We love BRRRR deals! Just got the appraisal back last week on a textbook BRRRR deal we are currently working. Not only was it a more than perfect BRRRR, cash flow is at $200/door (duplex) after ALL expenses including property management even though we are currently self managing.

    I will attach the BP Calculator report below. It reads a little weird because we financed 100% with private money at 12%. $55,000 purchase $30,000 rehab (Combined is $85,000 but in the calculator it won't allow you to add interest to rehab cost). We needed an appraisal of about $130,000 to be out 100%, it came back at $150,000. That's about a $15,000 check after closing cost and ect. Rents are $850 and $875 and one of the tenants is taking care of the lawn. We were direct to seller on this deal.

     Columbus Ohio is alive and well when doing off market deals!

    BP Calculator Report

    The link expires in 7 days. If you are reading this and it is expired, message me and I would be happy to share details and discuss.

  • Rental Property Investor · Foster City, CA · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 35 votes
    6y

    It is exciting to see so many successful BRRRRs in Columbus. We are hoping to do 2-3 SFH deals this year in and/or around Columbus. I am hoping to take a trip to Columbus to get the lay of the land. I would love to meet up with some of you while I'm out there.

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    @Anne Marie Kodama I would be happy to grab coffee with you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.