Anyone willing to share their experiance in flipping/renovating?

Anyone willing to share their experiance in flipping/renovating?

Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 200 posts · 194 votes

Hi Everyone, I would like to learn as much as possible about renovations/rehabs/flips for rental properties. I'm planning to purchase properties needing major renovations in 2021 and before jumping into it I would like to get my feet wet by helping someone with experience who is already doing it while I educate myself!

Is there anyone currently working on a rehab or renovation in Orlando or Central Florida who needs help? I will be happy to help with whatever I can after hours while learning about the process,strategy and execution etc.

I have some experience because I am a part of a very successful property management company in Orlando. We manage many homes and we are constantly dealing with renovations but our role is just getting the quotes and helping owners select a reliable contractor who handles everything. My goal is to learn what happens on the other side, get a better understanding of pricing, materials, putting the right team together etc.

Also, do you have any online courses which you recommend? Feel free to let me know if this is the right approach or do you recommend something else which will bring the same result. I'm interested in reading about how you did it!

Thank you in advance for your input!

2Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 125 votes
    5y

    @Alberto Nikodimov We just walked through 2 properties at our last meetup. One pre-rehab one mid-rehab.  I am in the middle of one right now.  (New floors going in today).  Would be happy to connect with you.

  • Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 200 posts · 194 votes
    5y

    Hi @Shawn G., thanks for replying! I will be reaching out to you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.