New Member from NWI

New Member from NWI

Munster, IN · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 5 votes

Hello, I am Krista! I’m located in Northwest Indiana about 35 min from Chicago.

I am a mom to a wild almost 3 year old, wife, and full time salon owner/hairdresser in Chicago!

15 years doing hair has been lovely but it is not my passion. It pays very well but it sucks up a lot of my time. It has always been a goal in my life to start real estate investing. I feel like I'm starting out later than some (I am 33) and It has not been easy finding my "tribe" of REI like minded people in the NWI area.

My Niche is single family homes and

Stratedgy is BRRRR-NB, looking in Michigan City and surrounding indiana Dunes area as more and more people are wanting to go on weekend getaways in the post Covid world, and for our first close by starter! (With hopes to eventually have single families in several popular travel states) My husband and I were Airbnb hosts for years when we lived in Chicago and absolutely loved it!

Anyways, this is lengthy but looking forward to meeting fellow NWI members as well as members from all over the place!

3Reply
17 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 222 posts · 153 votes
    5y

    There are definitely some great people in NWI and I would love to connect you with some of the people I know. Are you planning to do BRRRR-nb near the casino's? I know those and lake properties in NWI can be quite lucrative.

  • Munster, IN · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Michael J Scanlon

    Thank you so much I would really appreciate it! I would love to BRRRR properties closer by the beaches but yes the casino in Michigan City, Beverly Shores, Miller, I forgot that they just built hard rock casino so not opposed to that area either! Being a hairdresser for so long I have gained great sales,

    communication and people skills as I’m quite outgoing and extroverted! The last two years I’ve thrown myself into reading so many books and the BP podcasts but I need a network of like minded people!

  • Lender · Troy, MI · Member since 2019 · 432 posts · 147 votes
    5y

    @Krista Burke Welcome to the real estate world; where there are choices to see what best suits your time and money.  Doing part-time in real estate is a good start, as you can continue to have a stable income with an opportunity to build the side income.  

    Wishing you the very best

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2019 · 132 posts · 51 votes
    5y

    @Krista Burke welcome! I invest in Northern Indiana, a bit east of you, but literally in and around what's known as "the Lake City". Vacation rentals are growing. If you're looking to invest an hour away from home or more, shoot me a DM anytime.

    Best of luck with the plans!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2020 · 758 posts · 285 votes
    5y

    Welcome to BP community! I'm from Memphis, looking forward to connect with you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2019 · 76 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    Hello Krista! I'm a local realtor in Memphis, Tn. I'm a full time agent here for Crye-Leike Realtors. I'm also a member of the Tyler Tapley Team. We have assisted many investors complete very successful BRRR's. I would be happy to assist you.

  • Property Manager · Griffith, IN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 913 votes
    5y

    Welcome- used to live in Munster before building in Dyer. Lets grab a drink between haircuts and chat. I know a lot of people in NWI doing BRRRR successfully.

  • Real Estate Broker · Northwest Indiana and Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 33 votes
    5y

    @Krista Burke Welcome to BP!!  NWI is a great place to invest.  I sent you a message.  So let's chat sometime.  Take care!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.