BRRRR investors in Fort Worth

BRRRR investors in Fort Worth

Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 2 votes

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently halfway through the "How to invest in real estate" book by Bigger Pockets and have decided that the strategy I would like to use is the BRRRR method to reach financial wealth.

Is there anyone in the Fort Worth area that Is currently applying this strategy?

I’m a local from Fort Worth all of my life and have been interested in investing into real estate and don’t want to be left behind with the recent market boom. I am currently looking to buy my first home.

I'm mainly writing/starting this discussion in hopes to learn from experienced investors as well as network with any agents/investors familiar with the BRRRR strategy.

Thank you for your time

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew PostellPro Member
Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
5y

@Jesse Castro thanks for posting! Always great to hear from a fellow Texan.  Bigger Pockets does have some good state specific forums and Texas is their most active forum. Feel free to post there if you ever need some more "local" advice about things.

I see you already have a good response from @Rod Hanks but the answer here is ABSOLUTLEY WE ARE DOING THE BRRRR!  It's one of the more dominant strategies for us to implement out there.  There are lots and lots and lots of us doing this in DFW and we live in a great market to practice it.  Certainly feel free to ask any questions if you would like.  Thanks again for posting!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rod HanksBusiness Member
    Insurance Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 743 posts · 462 votes
    5y

    I just bought one last week for 65k and putting 20k into it to rent for 2k in Oak Cliff. I will do a cash out refi in a few months when leased out. 

    Rod Hanks Insurance4.9155 Reviews
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Jesse Castro thanks for posting! Always great to hear from a fellow Texan.  Bigger Pockets does have some good state specific forums and Texas is their most active forum. Feel free to post there if you ever need some more "local" advice about things.

    I see you already have a good response from @Rod Hanks but the answer here is ABSOLUTLEY WE ARE DOING THE BRRRR!  It's one of the more dominant strategies for us to implement out there.  There are lots and lots and lots of us doing this in DFW and we live in a great market to practice it.  Certainly feel free to ask any questions if you would like.  Thanks again for posting!

  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Rod Hanks how did you find those deals? And what method did you use to finance the rehab?

  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Rod Hanks how did you find those deals? And what method did you use to finance the rehab?

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas-Fort Worth · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Rod Hanks - Hey there. I just purchased my first property and wrapping up the rehab. I am looking for a lender in Dallas that will do a cash-out refi. Do you have a list of potential lenders?

  • Rod HanksBusiness Member
    Insurance Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 743 posts · 462 votes
    5y

    @Joy Hughey  Call George Ross at RCN Capital 860-432-3956

    Rod Hanks Insurance4.9155 Reviews
  • Rod HanksBusiness Member
    Insurance Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 743 posts · 462 votes
    5y

    @Jesse Castro I do a lot of different marketing but this deal was a referral. I use cash or line of line credit on most deals.

    Rod Hanks Insurance4.9155 Reviews
  • Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2022 · 107 posts · 48 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Rod Hanks:

    I just bought one last week for 65k and putting 20k into it to rent for 2k in Oak Cliff. I will do a cash out refi in a few months when leased out. 


     Hey Rod, curious to know how things went/are going with this property?

    Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.