Quintuple closing. Closed a deal on Friday net profit = $23,000.00

Quintuple closing. Closed a deal on Friday net profit = $23,000.00

Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes

As many of you know my business partner and I have been using @Jerry Puckett with great success. 7k in marketing has turned into 30k+ in profit, two SFR, and 9 other offers we have pending.

Most recent deal took around 3 months to close. Attorney working with a family on an inheritance. From non notarized poa's to pushing back closing 3 times I had to jump through dozens of hoops to make this happen. We got 2 homes under contract as a package in a rough neighborhood in rough shape. We listed them on CL and postlets and they were sold within 3 days of listing. Our net profit was 22k. 

How is this for unusual though... Quintuple double closing. That's right. The title company did FIVE double closings in one day on these. 

8Reply
184 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
11y

R and R Homes strikes again!

See this reply in the discussion

60 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    @Ryan Dossey  this is a great story all around and I am glad to see that your marketing dollars are being put to good work.  

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Thanks @Michael Noto I guess they don't call us problem solvers for no reason. I don't think this would have ever closed without us. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    @Ryan Dossey  Is this your first full scale marketing campaign?  We basically do everything but market for wholesale deals and I always go back on forth on whether to go for it or not.

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    We have been at it for 6 months however... At my 9-5 I have dealt with direct mail for over 7 years. Part of which is why I think we have such great success with it. 

  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 916 posts · 190 votes
    11y

    NICE @Ryan Dossey , keep the flow going bro

  • Professional · Cypress, TX · Member since 2015 · 309 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    Nice....good work @Ryan Dossey 

  • Ozark , MO · Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 40 votes
    11y

    I hope I can do this one day!

  • Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
    11y

    R and R Homes strikes again!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Congrats dude! 

  • Investor · Texas/Colorado · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    Congrats Ryan! Keep that momentum going. Its an inspiration to us all.

  • Oregon, OH · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    Congrats Ryan ^_^ 

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Thanks guys! That's the whole reason why I even post these. I want to inspire you guys that are sitting on the sidelines to jump in. I also want to help people who are in a rut. Let me know if I can ever be of any assistance. 

  • Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 116 posts · 57 votes
    11y
    Are you wholesaling all of these? Would there be more profit if you fixed and flipped them? I would of thought you could make a lot more money off of 7k of marketing. How many letters was that and how many deals from those letters?
  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    We have wholesaled we have also kept some. We did two separate lists. One list was 1k notices. (this ended up not being a very good list however we stuck with it.) Other list was 500 names (this one was worth its weight in gold. I guess counting the equity/value of our two SFR rentals that number is much higher. We wholesale when it doesn't make sense to rehab or hold. Why take 4 months to make 25k when I can make 15k in 2 weeks? I will only flip a home if it is a slam dunk. Great area, nothing funky, and straightforward.

  • Architect · Tell City, IN · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Great post!  Thanks for sharing!

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Not a problem guys! Let me know if you have any questions! 

  • Miami Lakes, FL · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @Ryan Dossey  Hi Ryan I'm new to wholesales and just wanted to know how your title company did the double-closings. Did you do assignment of contract. Did the buyer C blanket all the funding with cash? Did you fund the A-B transaction?   Just wanted to know your process my friend. :) 

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Roberto Gil Great question man! We have never done an assignment. Only ever done double closings. We have averaged 10k profit per deal and that seems to large to be an "assignment fee" in my mind. Our title company will fund the a-b transaction with c's funds. I have never had to pay the a-b transaction. If yours won't allow that there are transactional funding companies. 

  • Investor · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2014 · 303 posts · 101 votes
    11y

    Congrats @Ryan Dossey Great start to 2015! Keep it up man

  • Miami Lakes, FL · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks! Answered perfectly.

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Justin Howe 

    thanks man! I have another home that we listed on CL just yesterday and I have SIX people wanting to see it tonight. I'm hoping we move that one tonight as well. I'll keep you guys posted. 

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hey Ryan, great post!  I too am new to investing and appreciate your offer to help others.  Where do you get the mailing lists from and what type of lists do you get to choose from?

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    We use listsource and target high equity out of state owners. 

  • Realtor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 175 posts · 20 votes
    11y

    @Ryan Dossey what else did you post your property on other than CL? I just got a property under contract and need it sold by Friday. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Wowza! Did the seller need to move quickly or did you say "I can close in a week"? I try to give myself 45 days or longer. I normally have the home sold to the next guy within a week and title company close within another week. 

    I would do Postlets.com (however that takes 24-48 hours to syndicate) 

    Upgrade your account and throw it up here on the marketplace. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.