No more excuses...First deal done!

No more excuses...First deal done!

Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 94 votes

When I learned earlier this year that I was pregnant with my second child I considered putting off my goal (AGAIN!) of buying my first property. Where would I find the time? My W-2 job had me working 60-80 hrs/wk and I already had a two year old to chase around in my "free" time. I'm so glad I didn't let these excuses stop me from continuing to educate myself on REI, analyzing deals and finally pulling the trigger because today my son turns one month old AND I just got the keys to my first property!

The property is set of fully occupied duplexes located in Abilene, TX. Each unit is a 2bd/1ba. I'm thrilled to have my first deal under my belt!

45Reply
408 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

Congratulations. Most of us don't have the excuse of two young kids to hide behind and yet you went out and proved there is never an excuse.

See this reply in the discussion

147 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mobile Home Park Investor / Licensed Indiana Real Estate Broker · Chicago Area, IL · Member since 2015 · 262 posts · 135 votes
    10y

    Great work!  Thanks for sharing your success.  It is very inspirational.  With your secular and home work load I think you have taken excuses away from a lot of us.  Keep up the great work! 

  • Melbourne, FL · Member since 2015 · 99 posts · 42 votes
    10y

    Congrats @Okeoma M.! Brooklyn in the house!

  • FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 357 votes
    10y

    @Don Washington III,

    To Make the @ work do the following:

    Hold down the shift key and type the following: @?

    Look below this Window, and you will see a list of list of names of people who have posted in this thread.

    Click on the name of the person that you want notified via an email that you responded to them.

    If you are a Colleague with anyone that has not posted in this thread, and you want them to see your post, hold down the shift key, and type the @ and the first 4 letters of the first or last name.

    Look below this Window, and click on your Colleague's name.

    They will be notified via an email about your post in this thread.

    Raymond

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 155 posts · 42 votes
    10y

    Congrats!!!

  • Mortgage Banker and Wholesaler · Mount Vernon, NY · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Congrats good for you.

  • Newark, NJ · Member since 2015 · 141 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Congrats Okeoma M. on giving birth to your third child!

  • Investor · Kannapolis, NC · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Congratulations! 

  • Queens NY, NY · Member since 2013 · 467 posts · 107 votes
    10y

    @Okeoma M....congrats!!

  • Gino BarbaroPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Okeoma M.

    That is fantastic news.  Sounds like you did your homework.

    Wish you all the best

    Gino

  • Investor · Herndon, VA · Member since 2015 · 185 posts · 74 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!

  • Stevenson Ranch, CA · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Congrats!! @Okeoma M. 

    Me and my wife are pursuing REI while taking care of our little ones too! It's truly a great inspiration for us!

  • Engineer · Carlsbad/San Diego · Member since 2014 · 285 posts · 97 votes
    10y

    Congrats @Okeoma M.

    Does AFB provide the main tenant pool? Or are there other industries too? Thanks. 

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 94 votes
    10y

    @Hersh M. There are also three colleges in Abilene and a satelite campus for a fourth (Texas Tech). I was drawn to Abilene due to the student population and the property I bought is walking distance from one of the private universities but is not currently occupied by students. There's also a hospital that provides a small but stable tenant pool. 

  • Wholesaler · Jonesboro, AR · Member since 2014 · 36 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Outstanding! I'm so happy for you! I'm at that very same point in my career and it's high time that I join you! 

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 94 votes
    10y

    @Adil Oghlan That's great! Having a spouse along for the ride will be a big help. My husband is super supportive but def not interested in getting involved (yet!) Good luck and I look forward to hearing more as you chase your real estate goals! 

  • QA/QC Inspector · Mission, TX · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Okeoma M.

    Congrats!!! Good job, I'm sure it feels awesome!!!! On to the next one!!!

    Wishing you success.

  • Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Congratulations on the first deal!
  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    10y

    Congratulations on pulling the trigger and not letting anything get in the way! It is great to have a solid network of people for out of state transactions.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Sponsoring Real Estate Broker, Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!

  • Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2015 · 377 posts · 200 votes
    10y

    @Okeoma M.

    With those numbers that is a homerun!

    Congrats.

  • Realtor® · Naples, FL · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Good job!!!

  • Sales Consultant · Durham, NC · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Good job and congrats!

  • Investor · Tromsø, Norway (Europe) · Member since 2015 · 431 posts · 194 votes
    10y

    @Okeoma M. WELL DONE! Congratulations!

  • Realtor · Florida / Atlanta · Member since 2015 · 210 posts · 53 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Okeoma M.:

    When I learned earlier this year that I was pregnant with my second child I considered putting off my goal (AGAIN!) of buying my first property. Where would I find the time? My W-2 job had me working 60-80 hrs/wk and I already had a two year old to chase around in my "free" time. I'm so glad I didn't let these excuses stop me from continuing to educate myself on REI, analyzing deals and finally pulling the trigger because today my son turns one month old AND I just got the keys to my first property!

    The property is set of fully occupied duplexes located in Abilene, TX. Each unit is a 2bd/1ba. I'm thrilled to have my first deal under my belt!

     Congratulations. That is fantastic news. I wish you continued success.

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    That is awesome! I am just starting out, this is definitely a motivating story!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.