No more excuses...First deal done!

No more excuses...First deal done!

Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 94 votes

When I learned earlier this year that I was pregnant with my second child I considered putting off my goal (AGAIN!) of buying my first property. Where would I find the time? My W-2 job had me working 60-80 hrs/wk and I already had a two year old to chase around in my "free" time. I'm so glad I didn't let these excuses stop me from continuing to educate myself on REI, analyzing deals and finally pulling the trigger because today my son turns one month old AND I just got the keys to my first property!

The property is set of fully occupied duplexes located in Abilene, TX. Each unit is a 2bd/1ba. I'm thrilled to have my first deal under my belt!

45Reply
425 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

Congratulations. Most of us don't have the excuse of two young kids to hide behind and yet you went out and proved there is never an excuse.

See this reply in the discussion

147 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Massage Therapist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 613 posts · 84 votes
    10y

    @Okeoma M. 

    Congratulations on a job well done!!! Thumbs ups to Mrs. Triple Threat...Wife, Mother, Employee. And you left the Triple Threat  establish a new term a The Quad Threat...Wife, Mother, Employee, and Investor. Whoop whoop!!! I'm super proud of you. 

                                 Enjoy as you prosper.....

  • Realtor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    @Okeoma M.Congratulations! As a wife, mother, and full-time employee, I'm very inspired by your success! In the near future, I too hope to add "investor" to my list. Way to go!

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 24 votes
    10y

    great job!  the numbers look even better!

  • Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    That's fantastic! Wow, you are a busy woman! Juggling kids, one being a newborn, working 60-80 hours per week and now buying your first rental property. You are a wonderwoman! I wish nothing but success and happiness for you and your family. Let us know how it goes. :) 

  • Yonkers, NY · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Okeoma M. Wouldn't it be nice if we could purchase a duplex in NYC for $105K?
    Congrats!!

  • Programmer · Aubrey, TX · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Okeoma M.  that is awesome!  Congrats and may you find many more deals. I appreciate you telling us how you did this.  Gives me hope in finding my first deal. 

  • Sudbury, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Way to go @Okeoma M.! Very inspiring, especially knowing about your intense job, and family life! And big congratulations on bringing your newest arrival into the world! Looks like your patience and perseverance paid off. The numbers look great and it sounds like you've built up a good team of people near and far. Best of luck with anything else you choose to take on! 

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Congrats on your 1st deal. You are an inspiration for guy like me.

  • Pelham, NC · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 54 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 94 votes
    10y

    @Albert G. Hah. I'd settle for a SFH for $100K!

  • Beltsville, MD · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    Wow! Thats impressive. Congratulations!

  • Real Estate Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2015 · 45 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!

  • Rental Property Investor · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2015 · 149 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!  What an awesome accomplishment!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Port Orchard, WA · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    Awesome Job! Way to bull rush the obstacles!

  • Investor · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Congratulations on your first property!

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    Congrats to @Okeoma M. You have moved beyond the fear. Wow that is wonderful...

  • Real Estate Wholesaling · Laurel, MD · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Congrats!!! I would love to hear how you got it done. I have sent you a Follow request.

  • Realtor · Bedford, TX · Member since 2015 · 172 posts · 55 votes
    10y

    That is a TON of work and you still completed your first deal!  That's wonderful.

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Very exciting that you have your first of ten. Congrats!

  • Knoxville, IA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Congratulations on pulling the trigger.  May you have many more successes.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker and Investor · Irvine, CA · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 28 votes
    10y

    Congrats @Okeoma M.!  I have a feeling you'll have more done deals in the future. 

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Congrats @Okema M. Very inspiring!

  • Investor/Consultant · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 175 posts · 41 votes
    10y

    How exciting!  Good for you! Now that you got "the bug" .... I hope you have a plan for 5 more ;-)  

    Congratulations  

  • Investor · Lake Nebagamon, WI · Member since 2011 · 76 posts · 32 votes
    10y

    @Okeoma M. congrats, great job, on to the next one.

  • Belleville, IL · Member since 2015 · 48 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    congrats!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.