My first Wholesale deal! Payday!!

My first Wholesale deal! Payday!!

Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes

Hello everyone.

I wanted to be part of a success story and finally I can be!

I received my first check and I am very excited.

I have started marketing  in March. I got a ton of replies. But always something didn't work out. Always something that would prevent it from happening. So much has happened and I gave up several times.

Luckily when I give up, it takes just a few hours to realize that if I stop i will never really get a check. So I just sucked it up and picked up where I left off, but then, only harder, stronger, and more aggressive. 

But I tell you, it is NOT easy to keep chugging when nothing works out. It was really hard. And I am not just some kid off the street not knowing what "hard" is. I have fought like you wouldn't even begin to comprehend getting where I am now, and having accomplished the things I have. Living on a small little island in Curacao, coming to the USA, as an international student, finagling my way up the most desired organisations on this planet, in my field.. which is hard to do as an American, even harder as a foreigner.  But sticking to this Real Estate thing.. THAT was hard. Mostly because you do not have all the control. Money is limited. And there is a lot of competition.

Many say "keep at it and you will make it". hmmm.. it is more than keeping at it. It is hustle as if there was a crazed monkey after your butt!!

Then it was time for my second mailing campaign. Everyone told me that the more you mailed the better the response... however that as not the case with me. The more I mailed the more people called me and demanded I stop bothering them.

When I say "everything was against me", you have no idea how much I mean this. 

But I didn't give up. And now I am happy I didn't.

But I finally got one! We did it!! (I absolutely didn't do it alone)

This is by no means an incredible paycheck, but you know what? It doesn't matter!

It is just a number that tells me "I am doing something right".  This is really powerful.

Now I am rolling up my sleeves.. heck I am taking my shirt off, heck why stop there, I'll go naked if I have to! Deals.. watch out, I am coming for you! Be afraid! Be very afraid. There is a new monkey on the branch!

If you re a newbie and need help getting started, let me know. I have gone through hardships and disappointments to get here. I will definitely help.

Or you can read my blog as I tried to document every step I took to finally get one signed.

Good luck to you. And I hope you will be hearing more success stories from this monkey!

18Reply
229 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor 路 Kingsland, GA 路 Member since 2015 路 4 posts 路 1 vote
10y

Awesome info Jerryll, keep up the hard charging and continue to raise the bar each and every time.  Thank you for posting your results and having that no quit attitude, you are definitely an inspiration to myself and others. I'll be looking for my second property over here in San Diego, CA.  It will be a challenge, but I'm up for anything, and we have to remember that if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.  And as always, no guts, no glory.

See this reply in the discussion

123 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor and Realtor 路 Alexandria, VA 路 Member since 2015 路 148 posts 路 19 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!! Awesome! Keep going. . .wash, rinse repeat :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Angelia Kinston:

    Congratulations!! Awesome! Keep going. . .wash, rinse repeat :)

     Thank you! I am working on a big one now :D

    Sooo exciting!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Durham, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 354 posts 路 288 votes
    10y

    Excellent work. Always great to hear stories from others who know how to keep going even when you don't think you have anything left to give.

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Chris May:

    Excellent work. Always great to hear stories from others who know how to keep going even when you don't think you have anything left to give.

     WHOOO HOOO!!

    Heck yeah! I will do to you all what Brandon did to me. Post pics of him being a dweep in hawaii while I was fighting with my friggin mailers. You will see. I will post a pic of me on a Caribbean island  as revenge... ahum, I mean.. to  "inspire wink wink" others!

  • Los Angeles - Tujunga, CA 路 Member since 2016 路 29 posts 路 11 votes
    10y

    Congrats and and way to keep with it. I read your blog months back when you started. Your persistence and patience is paying off. Yay Jerryll.

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Melinda Vandergeugten:

    Congrats and and way to keep with it. I read your blog months back when you started. Your persistence and patience is paying off. Yay Jerryll.

     Whaaaaa ?  You read my blog? I thought I was talking to myself all the time :D

    Well thank you. Yeah I am trying. Now.. no more playing games. I want to be filthy and stuck up.

    I think that should be filthy rich and stuck up...

  • Investor 路 Jericho, NY 路 Member since 2015 路 171 posts 路 148 votes
    10y

    @Jerryll Noorden - great story and inspiring. Hard work pays off!!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Pancham G.:

    @Jerryll Noorden - great story and inspiring. Hard work pays off!!!

     thank you thank you! :)

  • Savannah, GA 路 Member since 2016 路 86 posts 路 11 votes
    10y

    GREAT @Jerryll Noorden!! I know that is motivation to do the next n then the next. Hopefully, will get better as you go. Way to go馃槉.

  • Property Manager 路 Macon, GA 路 Member since 2016 路 6 posts 路 0 votes
    10y
    Congrats! I'm new and need your help. Please and thank you.
  • Investor 路 Theodore , AL 路 Member since 2015 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    10y
    Excellent post and so encouraging to me. Thank you for sharing!
  • Fresno, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 14 posts 路 3 votes
    10y
    Thanks for sharing. I am a newbie looking to wholesale. What was your biggest challenge, finding someone who would sell to you, etc, did you ever consider buying a listed property?
  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Marilyn Mike:

    GREAT @Jerryll Noorden!! I know that is motivation to do the next n then the next. Hopefully, will get better as you go. Way to go馃槉.

     Honestly, for the longest time I was completely numb. I don't dare say that my case was totally abnormal, but seriously, nothing ever came easy. Always trouble. So although I am not giving up, I am a bit nervous about the next. I don't want o go through this one again. I am not sure if this was just luck. The seller simply really really really liked me. .. so if that is the reason I got this deal.. I feel like i still need to prove myself. On the other hand, being charming, honest and trustworthy may have caused the seller to like me. In that case, it is not really luck. We shall see. Scared or not.. on to the next one!

    Thank you for the note! It does feel good people are living through me and I am getting a ton of messages now telling me I inspired them and asking for help.

    Keep them coming, I am absolutely planning to help anyone. It was so frustrating when I didn't get the help when I was asked, and was so friggin awesome when I did get help when asked. So my turn to help others.

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Chris Ward:

    Congrats! I'm new and need your help. Please and thank you.

     Thank you thank you big guy!!

    Listen if you need any help do me a fav.  

    In my blog I made it a point to write down step by step what I did, my thoughts, my mistakes and what never to do and what you definitely should do. Read it and i any questions comment in public. I will answer anything and everything. As I am BY FAR not experienced, like that others that are way more savvy than I am can also make sure I don't just say crazy things. That and others may have the same questions.

    And sure by all means PM me if you really need it to stay between you and me.

    :) 

    Help me help you! Ha!

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jennifer Martinez:

    Thanks for sharing. I am a newbie looking to wholesale. What was your biggest challenge, finding someone who would sell to you, etc, did you ever consider buying a listed property?

     Ooohh Oooh I know I know. me me

    ( can you just picture hermione raising her hand when the snapes asked that question?)

    If you do not know what I am referring to, don't ever talk to me again! Cause for divorce!

    So... there are many many things that are challenging.

    But .. mentally. The mental challenge is a killer!

    I started out with a 36K budget. My limit I set for myself was, go all out  but the second I reach 20K in my bank account I need to stop and look for a job ( I quit my fancy robotics scientist job to do wholesaling).

    So there I was... all pepped up.. With my Clever investor courses in one hand, and bigger pockets in the other. 

    For anyone that has analysis paralysis syndrome.. know this...  You already started! That is the secret. The mental acceptance of starting to "do" is what you have to realize.

    There is no definite sharp line between  educating phase and doing phase.

    I defined my line as "the second I sent out my first mailer" is the difference between dreaming.. and doing.

    So to all that just can not start, and read my blog you will see I SUFFERED with that... that is all you need to do. You are ready when you doubt how will you memorize your script, what if you don't know what to say.... you are ready do it.

    So back tot he mental...

    A huge challenge was, dumping money into this nightmare not knowing if you are doing it right.. if your list is a good one, if you are doing something wrong without knowing it and throwing money away. My marketing budget was not noting. It was about 2.something K a month.

    THAT boys and girls is scary (when you have no income). So I had not much of a choice.

    Here I am in CT (USA top 3 most expensive states) no job, paying 1 mortgage in Fl, and rent in CT...

    I could go home to FL with my 36K but then what.. Super advanced robotic research jobs are not everywhere to be found. SO that 36K would last me a significant bit, but it would eventually run out. Or I could stay here. the 36K would run out FAST .. but there is potential getting a deal and "make it". SO obviously I stayed. The  mental aspect of this is crazy harsh. Spending 1100 on rent here in CT, 2000 on mortgage in FL, and 2000 on marketing That is 5000+ / month not even counting other minor details like food!

    That was hard.. the keep doing it not knowing if it will work. And even if it was eventually going to work, .. not knowing when. If it was going to work in 6 months, I would have been screwed.

    The other challenges are not too bad. My advice to you. GET A BUYERS LIST NOW!!

    I always thought signing a contract is THE challenge. OMG no. That part is "easy". Being stuck with a contract having no buyers.. THAT is terrifying!

    But seriously... now that I done the first deal.. I can tell you. It is not at all as scary as you think now. You just need to start doing! and stop dreaming.

    It helped me a lot starting a blog to be honest. It kept me on track. I can see what I had done, and how to reach my goals becomes very transparent writing each entry.

    And also writing about what you will do, prepares you mentally on how to do it. It really is a big help.

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jennifer Martinez:

    Thanks for sharing. I am a newbie looking to wholesale. What was your biggest challenge, finding someone who would sell to you, etc, did you ever consider buying a listed property?

     No I never touch listed properties. My reasons were because I just didn't know enough about all this real estate investing, and I just figured buying listed properties is an added complication I just didn't want to deal with. Also my phone was ringing off the hook during my campaigns. I had no time to do anything else than to do comps , walk houses talk to ellers, hustling to get something signed.

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Melissa Curtis:

    Excellent post and so encouraging to me. Thank you for sharing!

     Absolutely. 

    It keeps me chugging on :D

  • Missouri City, TX 路 Member since 2015 路 52 posts 路 5 votes
    10y

    @Jerryll Noorden very inspiring post! Definitely motivation and I appreciate the wise words!

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y

    Hey Myles. Not sure about "wise" words... but yes never give up. I appreciate you writing a note letting me know you appreciate my post.

    :)

  • Investor 路 Kingsland, GA 路 Member since 2015 路 4 posts 路 1 vote
    10y

    Awesome info Jerryll, keep up the hard charging and continue to raise the bar each and every time.  Thank you for posting your results and having that no quit attitude, you are definitely an inspiration to myself and others. I'll be looking for my second property over here in San Diego, CA.  It will be a challenge, but I'm up for anything, and we have to remember that if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.  And as always, no guts, no glory.

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Wilton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Demond Henson:

    Awesome info Jerryll, keep up the hard charging and continue to raise the bar each and every time.  Thank you for posting your results and having that no quit attitude, you are definitely an inspiration to myself and others. I'll be looking for my second property over here in San Diego, CA.  It will be a challenge, but I'm up for anything, and we have to remember that if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.  And as always, no guts, no glory.

     Man you nailed it. You are absolutely right. You wrote a very genuine message. Thank you. I will keep at it. Not to worry. I hope you get that second one. I will also try to get my second one. We can post our success stories again :)

  • CA 路 Member since 2016 路 145 posts 路 53 votes
    10y

    @Jerryll Noorden Your a beast!  I love your enthusiasm.   $13,755.00 is a freaking great first deal to get done.   My first assignment sale wasn't this much you got me beat =) 

    Nice work man!

    Michael 

  • Collegeville, PA 路 Member since 2016 路 39 posts 路 8 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!!  It's great to hear a success story especially a first time success.  Your hard work paid off and your attitude about paying it forward helping others is inspiring.  That's what I love about the BP community!!  As a newbie myself I have not had my own 1st success story but I'm working on it. How did you put together your Buyers list? 

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Rochester, NY 路 Member since 2014 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Jerryll Noorden Well your great post got me to read--or--start reading your excellent blog.  All you readers can find it here:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/7786-from-drea...

    Thanks for going into such great detail and going way beyond the hype. Really great, honest blog!

  • Houston, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 104 posts 路 22 votes
    10y

    Congratulation Jerryll great inspiring success story this give newbies motivation to keep pushing thru with Rei no matter what  Congratulation. Thank you David Coleman

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.