From 1 to 27 units in 7 months

From 1 to 27 units in 7 months

Real Estate Agent · Slidell, LA · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 267 votes
BP, Well next week will be officially 7 months in the trenches real estate and I will officially be at 27 units. 2 six units 1 five unit 1 four unit 1 three unit 1 duplex 1 single family only thing not bought this year. I will be at my third closing this month. I have learned a ton and still learning every day. I have done everything from a 1031 to pulling money from credit cards to buy houses. I am down to three residential loans and the rest are commercial loans. I have seasoning plans until my new acquisitions settle out. Once that happens it will be buying season again. Thank you BP for showing me a new direction and giving me the knowledge to step out there make mistakes, but ultimately make money. Cheers, Johnny
58Reply
221 views

Most Popular Reply

China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
8y

@Johnny Quilenderino I had a BLAST selling your Quincy home.  Glad to see you're making good use of that money!

We ended up closing at $59,600 OVER asking.  I'll be telling that story to my grandkids!

See this reply in the discussion

74 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Really amazing. Congrats!

  • Rental Property Investor · HOUSTON, TX - Texas · Member since 2017 · 93 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    Another proof that it can be done, congrat$!!

  • Rocky Mount, NC · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    Bravo!!  That’s some exciting stuff. Congratulations and I wish you continued success. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Congrats....Awesome moves to acquire the properties in such a short time.

  • Real Estate Agent · Slidell, LA · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 267 votes
    8y

    @Justin Young I have built my network via BP, using my local real estate club, FB, and my active duty Navy network of people. I have had many, and I mean many "no"s due to my aggressiveness and my long term outlook. I look at items on the market for their 10 year potential, not their now potential. I am all about delayed gratification, and paying myself later. 

    @Varun Parkash to qualify for the VA loan was not that hard. To finally get my financing, that was tricky due to my multiple acquisitions (this year) and that they were still in the "seasoning" period, plus loans in my name and my wife's name and figuring out the correct long term set up. As for books, I read all the free stuff first!!!! Then millionaire real estate investor, Set for Life, and all the forums of the topic you want to learn about. Business side of the house I am still learning, so I do not have any books at the time that I recommend. BP and all the free forums out there will get you the best start. If I knew this was around ten years ago, I would have been investing earlier!!!

    @Darren Wade Yes, my first deal was from the dreaded "Zillow," and my last investment is from it too! Only one I used a wholesaler for was my 6 unit this month. I am trying to get on his preferred buyers list so I can purchase one or two more 4+ next year and eclipse my cash flow goals for 2018. 

    So this year has not all been fun and games. Almost every closing had hiccups going into the last week, or just possible delays. If my wife was not "All In" and trusting, this could have been the end after the first deal. Now, I try to prevent all hiccups, by mass emails to all key players. I figured out that the last week prior to closing, you have to be a micro-manager or you will not close on time. As the saying goes, "Squeaky wheel, gets the grease, same with closing, the squeaky customer gets the attention!"

    I hope I have answered everyone's questions. Please send me a PM or repost your question if I have not!!!! Good luck in 2018!!! Thank you for reading my post! Happy New Year's!!!

    Very respectfully,

    Johnny 

  • Jay LohnBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent & Investor · Champlin, MN · Member since 2014 · 179 posts · 43 votes
    8y

    @Johnny Quilenderino Congrats, what a great start to your investing career!

    Lohn/Paulno Property Management, LLC53 Reviews
  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Congratulations. Such an inspiring story for all of newbies like us.

  • Lawrence L.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Bronx, NY · Member since 2008 · 144 posts · 64 votes
    8y

    Congrats @Johnny Quilenderino...just reading your post I am INSPIRED and MOTIVATED by your MASSIVE ACTION....YOU ARE A BEAST......AWESOME!!! Blessings for 2018

  • Military Officer · Pensacola area, FL · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    How is $40k in credit card debt treating you? Or did you find a way to pay that off/refi out of it?

  • Brewerton, NY · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hey Johnny, what a great start! amWay to hit the ground running and build momentum.

    If you are just twiddling your thumbs waiting for your seasoning period, PM me; I have 2 contacts that do investment Refi's with 6 month or less seasoning periods and I would be happy to refer you.

  • Investor · Salt Lake City · Member since 2017 · 52 posts · 23 votes
    8y

    @Johnny Quilenderino would you mind sharing what you and your wife do during the day (for work) and also how many properties you had to begin with? I'm a newbie soaking up every thing I can. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Slidell, LA · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 267 votes
    8y

    @Will Wiggins I had a loan on standby for that already, free and clear on C.C. My credit score should rebound next month.

    @Scott Waterbury

    @Scott Waterbury I might need to PM you in a few months, I will keep that in mind!!!!

    @Lala Weiss  My wife and I are both Navy Officers, I have been in for 24 years, and she has been in for 16. I am looking to retire in about three years. The job has been the difference in buying a few to buying many! We began with one properties each, then combined forces and it has been a great ride.

  • Military Officer · Pensacola area, FL · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 14 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Johnny Quilenderino:

    @Will Wiggins I had a loan on standby for that already, free and clear on C.C. My credit score should rebound next month.

    Nice. I'd like to shoot you a private message on here sometime and talk strategies if I can figure that one out... 

  • Norfolk, VA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hey Joe,

    Could you inbox me your contact info again. Thank you!

  • Norfolk, VA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I meant to say Johnny lol

  • Investor · Salt Lake City · Member since 2017 · 52 posts · 23 votes
    8y

    @Johnny Quilenderino Thank you for sharing! I've been considering getting my husband on board as a partner and I love to know of other couples who support each other in the RE journey.

  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2017 · 69 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Hey, @Johnny Quilenderino could I PM you to ask you a couple questions?  Thanks!

  • Real Estate Agent · Slidell, LA · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 267 votes
    8y

    Team BP,

    Thank you for all the kind words again. I hope everyone has a happy New Year and a prosperous one

    @Javon Gordon I sent the information to your inbox.

    @Lala Weiss Having my wife as a partner makes all the difference in the world. She laughs that she knows "nothing" at the moment, because Navy is our primary job, but understands once we are done serving, our "job" will be real estate in some fashion.

    @Mike Bereck I am up for a Q/A session hit me up. Like I said in earlier in the post, I am a newbie, I have implemented a BUNCH of strategies at once to get where I am at. Seasoning and settling out period is where I am right now. 

    Cheers,

    Johnny

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Congrats!  Amazing story!

  • Investor · Corona, NY · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    Great success story!!! Thanks for sharing. 

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Wow, that is super awesome! Congrats and wishing you much success in 2018!

  • Overland Park, KS · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Wow, this is inspiring! Thank you for sharing. Excited to learn more about real estate investing. So much to learn!

  • Rental Property Investor · Buena Park, CA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Wow!! What a story!! Thanks so much for sharing, I hope I can become just as resourceful very soon! 

  • Buena Park, CA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    amazing story. Love story like this. People said "U miss 100% of the shot u don't take". Bravo for taking charge and sharing your knowledge.  Way the go. Love to hear you on Podcast 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.