Getting Licensed in IL

4 Replies

Hi @Peter Thirawankanok ! I recently finished my licensing exam in Michigan. My reason for getting my license is to earn some extra income while also being more active in my real estate market. You do have to be careful when being an investor and a real estate agent. My biggest piece of advice would to always disclose that you are a licensed agent when discussing with potential buyers of properties you own, and potential sellers of properties you would like to buy. Best of luck!

Hi @Pete Thirawankanok, I just got my license in IL last year as an investor. You will increase your network and networth. You have access to more opportunities!

Thank you @Connor Anderson for the wise words.  Disclose, disclose, disclose seems to be a common thing among Investor Agents.  I am looking forward to getting thing thru the course and seeing how it will impact my business.

I would like to connect and keep in touch.  Perhaps we can work together and develop a working relationship.  Congrats and I wish you tons of success!

Hello @Eudith Vacio .  Great words.  I know that a lot of people on the BiggerPockets Podcasts are always saying that same thing.  I am hoping to grow my network to impact my net worth. 

I'd like it if we could connect and keep in touch as I know that there are some great deals to be made here at home!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you