Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
17y
I like that Henrietta's son could not get a job for 4.5 years. He was let go from the City of Ft Myers IT dept. In 2005 thru 2006 you get get $20.00 an hour to swing a hammer
Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2008 · 759 posts · 185 votes
17y
This might be sounding too much like Karl Rove type advice..... LOL
But......
It would be a smart decision for a company/investor to help this woman out, as it will create plenty of press for their company.
While I know that people feel they are doing right in tearing this woman apart, and it looks like there is good reason, the people that help her are in a WIN-WIN situation....
If you help her, and all of this is some kind of honest mistake, the "machine" is on your side, and you, or your company, come out looking like a Saint.
If you help her, and it comes to light that she is abusing the system, then you, or your company, become a victim who tried really hard to help out another American and were taken advantage of.
Jeff, I honestly think that it was a mistake to say no in this situation. No matter what direction this goes, there is some great PR to be had.
Real Estate Investor · Elkhorn, WI · Member since 2008 · 453 posts · 104 votes
17y
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
I dug a little further. The "partner" Jeff mentioned earlier is her son Corey Hughes who is mentioned in the press conference as the son with no job. He's also the person she quit claimed the property to.
I hope you don't mind Jeff but I made PDFs of the county docs of her history as a real estate investor between 2001 and 2006 (apparently she has been on welfare since 2004) and have been e-mailing Rush, O'Reilly and Hannity to get it to them.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
17y
Without knowing the real truth here, I'd rather not get caught up on the wrong side of a negative publicity sh**storm. Now . . . if I knew for certain, it would be an AWESOME idea.