Skip to content
Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
Tony T.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Harrisburg, PA
Votes |
NY Bill Would CANCEL Rent for 90 Days, Not Postpone.

Tony T.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Harrisburg, PA
Posted Mar 26 2020, 11:55

https://reason.com/2020/03/25/...

The state of New York has a bill to CANCEL rent for 90 days for workers affected by the virus! This isn't deferring rent payment; it is waiving it.

Those landlords who have mortgages may not be affected by this if their lenders also waive/delay mortgage payments, but those of us whose only income is from a couple of properties that have no mortgages, it will be catastrophic. I am in that category.

I see this as theft of my private property sponsored by the state. Man has instituted governments to protect our rights (see: Declaration of Independence), not take my private property and give it to someone else. The state is guilty of that which it was commissioned to prevent - theft. Once again those of us who who made great sacrifices to do the best thing would be greatly penalized. The one who works hard would be forced to pay for those who make foolish decisions and live care free.

We're getting closer to mob rule and these LAWMAKERS in NY creating the hashtag: #cancelrent (found in the article) to whip everyone up in a frenzy, is as close to it as I've ever seen.

Loading replies...