Why is Licking County Ohio the next boom area in Ohio?

Most Popular Reply

Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

I think the city will expand out east for sure, but I don't know if I would call it a boom more or less than another affordable area to live and still be relative to Columbus. Personally, I think Delaware county is well ahead of Licking in terms of an area growing rapidly

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 119 posts · 114 votes
    5y

    Well I mean, it depends on your definition of "boom". If you're looking for an affordable, growth market within 40 minutes from a major city? Sure, but it's certainly no Nashville or Austin.

    That being said, it may strike a really nice balance between appreciation for flips and solid cash flow for rentals.

  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Chris Davisson I'd love to hear the rationale...Newark is the only real established city and you can stand on the street, throw a rock and hit a heroin addict anywhere in the city...

    Buckeye Lake had a decent run back to normalcy once the dam was repaired and they stopped the fecal matter from seeping into the water...

    Granville is a village...college town...0 growth, but a cool spot

    Other than being a nice drive in the summer on US16 it's about as plain as Ohio cities come

    Maybe he is talking about that building shaped like a giant basket...

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • Property Manager · Newark OH Central Ohio · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    With Google and Facebook coming into western licking county. Growth from Columbus pushing out past Franklin County we are seeing a large population moving into the area. With solid demand for additional housing and rentals the market is growing for the foreseeable future. This is only my experience but hopeful the growth continues.

  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    I think the city will expand out east for sure, but I don't know if I would call it a boom more or less than another affordable area to live and still be relative to Columbus. Personally, I think Delaware county is well ahead of Licking in terms of an area growing rapidly

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Brandon Goldsmith:

    I think the city will expand out east for sure, but I don't know if I would call it a boom more or less than another affordable area to live and still be relative to Columbus. Personally, I think Delaware county is well ahead of Licking in terms of an area growing rapidly

     Yeah, I would agree with you here, Brandon. 

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    @Chris Davisson

    At the risk of opening an old thread, intel seems to agree with you. Their new plant in Licking County could be a boon for RE investors. Any realtor recommendations for an out of state investor in the area?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.