Click2Mail Troubles

Click2Mail Troubles

Urbana, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 425 votes

I'm trying my first mailing with click2mail and I'm extremely frustrated. Now that I've finally gotten over how frustrating it was just to get the postcard formatted correctly now I'm stuck with my mail merge. Customer care wasn't much support so I'm hoping others can help out.

I'm trying to customize the mail merge field. I've got a list of properties I want to mail to. I broke out my excel sheet so there was a column for 'address #', 'street name' 'type of street' and 'direction.' Since I've seen other programs provide lists in such a format I thought this would work. When I import it I'm unable to add all those as needed. All I'm allowed to add is the full address rather than the individual parts. In other words, when it uploads I have and address that reads

Mary Anderson Dan Anderson
510
Moorhead, MN 56560

There has got to be an easier way to get it to read better right? I want to get:

Mary & Dan Anderson
510 Main St.
Moorhead, MN 56560.

I understand the editing of the names is a go through every label kind of thing, but how do I get the address correct? Is it a Google Chrome issue? Does their new beta pro not work well?

0Reply
47 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Celebration, FL · Member since 2013 · 109 posts · 34 votes
12y

It is probably your column headers and/or how you have input the data into your Excel file. Just make sure to save the file as CSV. Check the CSV file after you have saved it to make sure that Excel is saving correctly. If not, the problem could be due how you have the cells formatted in Excel.

My columns are as follows:

First Name

Last Name

Mailing Address

City

State

Zip Code

Property Address

I use two addresses, because I use the mail merge feature.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Celebration, FL · Member since 2013 · 109 posts · 34 votes
    12y

    It is probably your column headers and/or how you have input the data into your Excel file. Just make sure to save the file as CSV. Check the CSV file after you have saved it to make sure that Excel is saving correctly. If not, the problem could be due how you have the cells formatted in Excel.

    My columns are as follows:

    First Name

    Last Name

    Mailing Address

    City

    State

    Zip Code

    Property Address

    I use two addresses, because I use the mail merge feature.

  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Steven, I made an attempt to use this company and have similar feelings. I use PostcardMania.com. They are one of the most established and professional direct mail companies in the country. Discount direct mailers are a dime a dozen. If Click2Mail does not work for you, move on. You will find one that works. Good luck.

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    12y

    Why not just create another column in excel that concatenates all of the columns that go into forming the street address? Something like this:

    =CONCATENATE(D5;" ";E5;" ";F5)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    This should help - - I didn't watch all of the video however if it doesn't show you how to separate the words just type ," ", between them in your formula bar also there is a space between the quotations. =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1)

  • Real Estate Professional · Falls Church, VA · Member since 2012 · 238 posts · 83 votes
    12y

    Steven, I have used Click2Mail extensively and feel your pain. Two tips:

    1. The application HATES Chrome. Internet Explorer provides a much better experience.

    2. You can have your address separated into different fields if you wish, if your postcard fields exactly mirror your spreadsheet fields. Example - If you have Street Number in a column by itself on the spreadsheet, it must be set up as mail merge field {Street Number} on the postcard. You then map each spreadsheet field to each postcard field in the postcard design window using the Insert function on the horizontal menu.

    Hope this helps, and remember USE INTERNET EXPLORER with C2M!

  • Wholesaler · Elizabeth, CO · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Ditto regarding Google Chrome with Click2Mail (C2M). The two just don't go together well at all. C2M has no plans to support Chrome per the calls I had with their customer service folks. I use Internet Explore for C2M exclusively. Anything else is a waste of time.

    ~from personal experience.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2013 · 246 posts · 75 votes
    12y

    Little late but yeah, I'm ready to jump ship. Started using them in November and it was a nightmare. Mail merge failed and they sent the postcards anyway!

    "Dear {Homeowner_1}" etc

    so they credited me.

    January 3rd, send 2nd mailing.. on the 19th it wasn't sent. They wanted me to cancel and make a new one.. just ridiculous.

    Stay away from Click2Mail if you like your sanity

  • Property Manager · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I have head similar frustrations with Click2Mail, I was spending way too much time formatting postcards (using the template that they provided!) only be be told that my file wasn't the correct size. I jumped ship and went with a local printer and have been thrilled. I think you'll find that the "discount" you get with C2M over going with a local provider is outweighed by the service that a locally owned and operating print house will provide. My advice is to call a few print shops from your yellow pages and ask if they do direct mail.

    We are all small business owners and I am a proponent of spending my money with other local companies!

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    It's discouraging to hear that Click2Mail continues to struggle with process and support issues. We've continued to include them in our vendor list, but last August we had an issue with MAILING LISTS that we got from them, and issues with their web site in general.

  • Real Estate Professional · Falls Church, VA · Member since 2012 · 238 posts · 83 votes
    12y

    I still use them for some things, but I have bullet-proofed my postcards over the years and don't deviate from them. I did have one bad experience with their customer service when I ordered glossy postcards and they were delivered with all kinds of smears and scraped-up spots. They blamed it on USPS and denied me any credit.

    Moral of the story is, don't try anything ambitious, don't expect decent customer service, and USE INTERNET EXPLORER !!

  • Urbana, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 425 votes
    12y

    Thank you all for the responses. I missed many of these because I wasn't monitoring the topic.

    As many of you suggested I ended up figuring out how to merge my various columns of data into one column so the program would take it.

    And really... Internet Explorer? That is the engine they choose to use...? UGH! After a number of calls and lack of response when I sent in multiple suggestions I'm really thinking this is a mom and pop kind of program. The cost is awesome but the time spent fixing it is very hard to justify. I will check out postcardmania and other local printers.

    Later this week I'll check my PO box and hopefully I don't have a stack of return to sender postcards.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 270 posts · 40 votes
    12y

    i had a lot of issues with a order i placed in November too, every situation with them is so different. My only advice would be to use the basic system instead of the "pro" or "beta" whatever their newer system is. They are pretty feeble with customer tech support to begin with so again use the basic they can help a little bit more with that system imo.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.