We buys houses - website

We buys houses - website

Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 40 votes

Looking for recommendations - would like someone to build simple we buy houses website - don't need anything too complicated - this wont be for SEO, it will be a site that I can include in my mailers for people to go to if they'd rather do that then call.

Best, 

-JD

1Reply
334 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
Originally posted by @Danny Johnson:

@Jay Hinrichs  LeadPropeller provides real estate investor websites that are search engine optimized, conversion optimized, and mobile responsive.  

thanks Danny I had heard the term over the years but just never knew what it was.. I don't have a website or facebook or any other social media.. I mean my wife made a facebook account for me but I cant figure out how to get on it..:)  and I don't accept text messaging I wont answer those.. I got on to this thing called whats app and I like those quick verbal messages.. this way I can tell the inflection in the voice and its 100 times quicker than trying to text... 

I do at some point though have to get into the 21st century.. but I am heck on e mail and have come to like BP with all the banter and attempting to help those that are in the beginning stages of their career .   so what is the carrot thing.. that guys is out of nowhere Oregon.. I heard about that this week at a Real estate conference I attended in San Diego.. they were talking about Carrot something and going to Roseburg Oregon..  

See this reply in the discussion

48 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2015 · 135 posts · 82 votes
    8y

    This should do the trick https://oncarrot.com/

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    8y

    I have the same thing and did it on my own through WordPress and wix. They have templates to get you started.  I am about as un tech-savvy as you can get and it wasn't hard.

    I used to have leadpropeller but it was $50 a month and a source for SEO junk mail and business lenders hounding my phone. Not their fault, the marketing rats just ID the new sites and blogs and found me.  My blogs were chaulk full of random junk comments that didn't even make sense.  Good luck!

  • Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2015 · 135 posts · 82 votes
    8y

    You can also use WIX to build your own https://wix.com Use other sites as templates / inspiration for yours. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 40 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Paul Merriwether:

    This should do the trick https://oncarrot

    @paul 

    @Paul Merriwether thanks for the response - not looking for a rental - just a lower cost website I can own.

    Best, 

    -JD

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 40 votes
    8y

    @Paul Merriwether

    @Steve Vaughan

    Thank you - I was hoping someone knew someone that would build it out through wordpress or Wix and didn't charge too much.  The reason is that I would like to have it complete asap and didnt want to do it myself and go through having to find the right plugin etc. for the form I want etc. that would probably take me longer than someone who's done it before - but I may have to.   

    Best, 

    -JD

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Danny Johnson:

    @Steve Vaughan  Sorry to hear you had trouble with spam.  It was likely from domain registration.  The registration information is public and those companies scrape it to spam people.  We've since implemented privacy protection for all new domains to prevent this.  Anyway, good to know you are still working with online lead generation.  

    If you or @Account Closed want to talk online lead generation strategy with me, even if not a LeadPropeller client, I'd be glad to assist.  Feel free to message me.  

     out of sheer curiosity whats does lead propeller do ??? how does it assist people with lead generation. ??

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2010 · 328 posts · 182 votes
    8y

    @Jay Hinrichs  LeadPropeller provides real estate investor websites that are search engine optimized, conversion optimized, and mobile responsive. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Danny Johnson:

    @Jay Hinrichs  LeadPropeller provides real estate investor websites that are search engine optimized, conversion optimized, and mobile responsive.  

    thanks Danny I had heard the term over the years but just never knew what it was.. I don't have a website or facebook or any other social media.. I mean my wife made a facebook account for me but I cant figure out how to get on it..:)  and I don't accept text messaging I wont answer those.. I got on to this thing called whats app and I like those quick verbal messages.. this way I can tell the inflection in the voice and its 100 times quicker than trying to text... 

    I do at some point though have to get into the 21st century.. but I am heck on e mail and have come to like BP with all the banter and attempting to help those that are in the beginning stages of their career .   so what is the carrot thing.. that guys is out of nowhere Oregon.. I heard about that this week at a Real estate conference I attended in San Diego.. they were talking about Carrot something and going to Roseburg Oregon..  

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2010 · 328 posts · 182 votes
    8y

    @Jay Hinrichs  I hear ya on the getting onboard with everything. Everything changes so fast though, it's hard to keep up.  Have you heard of Voxer?  It's a great app for fast voice communications.  

    Carrot is also a provider of websites.   Good people too.  

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Danny Johnson:

    @Jay Hinrichs  I hear ya on the getting onboard with everything. Everything changes so fast though, it's hard to keep up.  Have you heard of Voxer?  It's a great app for fast voice communications.  

    Carrot is also a provider of websites.   Good people too.  

    ya Jason Hartman suggested I get on Voxer I did not like it.. I like whats app..  

    thanks for the reply and if your a father happy fathers day !!!! 

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2010 · 328 posts · 182 votes
    8y

    @Jay Hinrichs  No problem.  Yes, father of 5.  Happy Father's Day to you as well.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 27 votes
    8y

    Hi John,

    If you have the time, I recommend using WordPress.

    I have used this for a number of years now. Easy to use and create sites that you own and don't have to pay high fees for. 

    STEP 1 - Register your domain (about $13/year). Provide an email created specifically for this purpose. Do not provide your main business email, so you don't receive spam there.

    STEP 2 - Sign up with a hosting company to host your site. I use HostGator. As little as $3/month for hosting. For ease of install, you can register your domain and get your hosting all at the same place.

    STEP 3 - Use the login credentials your new hosting company emails you, log into your control panel, and install WordPress using their easy one-click install.

    STEP 4 - With the WordPress platform in place, install your desire "Theme." A WordPress theme is a collection of PHP and CSS files that determine the overall look and layout of a WordPress site, including the colors, layout, typography and other style elements. Themes may be free, or cost a one-time license fee of $30-60. I use a theme that comes with “demos” for you to use.

    STEP 5 - Use your "standard theme website layout" or if you buy a theme with demos, install your chosen "demo." A demo is a fully functional website designed for a specific industry. Once you have the demo installed, you will have a beautiful website on your domain. From here, just start to update the text or images to reflect what you want to say.

    If you get stuck, there are lots of free videos online that will help you through the above steps. And if you don't have the time or inclination for all of the above, hire someone for a modest fee to help with the initial setup. I know someone if you need a referral.

    Good luck! 

  • Phillip LanierPro Member
    Uvalde, TX · Member since 2016 · 141 posts · 45 votes
    8y

    Hi @Account Closed, I know you've suggested putting up testimonial video's in the past.  I do intend on doing that.  :-) 

    By the way, I am not affiliated with LeadPropeller; I'm just a happy customer.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    No matter what you do with a site make certain every form, telephone number or chat feature have campaigns attached.  

    Automatic follow up.  

  • Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2015 · 135 posts · 82 votes
    8y

    John, a wordpress theme for real estate could be your solution https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/real-es...

    You also might want to have someone from https://www.upwork.com/ assist if you don't want to do anything but spend some money up front. Good luck!!!  

  • Durant, OK · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hey all,

    In regards to hosting through Hostgator, i just setup hosting through Hostgator last week. In my quest to learn website development, the video i was watching had a coupon code that saved a hefty amount of money. The code is savecode and i guess the guy who made the video is sponsered with them. Anyways, if thats the route you go, hopefully it will save you some money. After all, that's why we are all here, right? 

  • Durant, OK · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    *sponsored

  • Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Check out Fiverr!  I've been using them for several years now for digital design, advertising, photos, etc.  I haven't had a website created through them yet, but I understand they will design a wordpress or wix site for you in a couple of days.

  • Rental Property Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2012 · 314 posts · 146 votes
    8y

    @Jay Hinrichs  yes, Voxer is the best way to communicate ever invented all human history. :-)

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jason Hartman:

    @Jay Hinrichs  yes, Voxer is the best way to communicate ever invented all human history. :-)

    I prefer Whats app.. but then you loved Tesla and I bought two  .. I love mine you hated yours.. then you loved Jetsmarter then did not.

    luckily I did not pull the trigger on that one.. but now that I am in Vegas and when I get back for the full winter run I am going to try it.. 

    LOL... Oh so many first world  problems.  I have gotten off of facebook so have not followed you in a few months.. at least your world wide adventures that look pretty cool  !!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 241 posts · 135 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed

    Ive used " Joomla" in the past for other websites its been pretty good to me and best of all its OpenSource (free). 

    Once you have your contents its pretty easy to get around

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2010 · 328 posts · 182 votes
    8y

    @Phillip Lanier  Thanks so much!  

    Yeah, those video testimonials go a long, long way.   Digital assets that will help you generate more leads for a long time.   Make sure to be getting reviews on a Google My Business page and Facebook business page as well!

  • All Over, USA · Member since 2017 · 689 posts · 756 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Danny Johnson:

    @Jay Hinrichs  LeadPropeller provides real estate investor websites that are search engine optimized, conversion optimized, and mobile responsive.  We have sites that are built for motivated seller lead gen, sites for wholesale buyer list building and listing wholesale deals, as well as house selling/renting websites.  

    The benefits are the optimizations and speed of deployment.   No coding needed and default content is all there.  The sites can be live within minutes of signing up. We've been generating motivated seller leads online for our own house flipping business for over a decade.   Because we were our first customer, we quickly realized the need to add texting automations to help give us an advantage.  When a seller submits a form on the website, they will get a text (that is customizable by the website owner) after a short delay (to make it not seem automated).  You as the website owner also get a text with the information submitted.  This allows you to call them while they are still on the website filling out the second form in the 2-step form process.  

    We also provide in-house managed online marketing for clients that would rather pay for it than do it themselves.  We provide professional search engine optimization, Facebook marketing, and pay per click (Adwords) to generate traffic to the websites very quickly.  Of course all of this is based on what we've learned over all these years doing this for our own flipping business that we still operate. 

    LeadPropeller clients also get access to training to help them drive traffic to their websites.   

    Hope that clears it up. 

    thanks Danny I had heard the term over the years but just never knew what it was.. I don't have a website or facebook or any other social media.. I mean my wife made a facebook account for me but I cant figure out how to get on it..:)  and I don't accept text messaging I wont answer those.. I got on to this thing called whats app and I like those quick verbal messages.. this way I can tell the inflection in the voice and its 100 times quicker than trying to text... 

    I do at some point though have to get into the 21st century.. but I am heck on e mail and have come to like BP with all the banter and attempting to help those that are in the beginning stages of their career .   so what is the carrot thing.. that guys is out of nowhere Oregon.. I heard about that this week at a Real estate conference I attended in San Diego.. they were talking about Carrot something and going to Roseburg Oregon..  

    This right here is serious #lifegoals. 

    To be so successful in life / career, that real life gives you no need or time for social media EXCEPT to help and influence others in a positive manner.

    When you also have the ability to straight up ignore some of the most influential and valued companies of a generation (Facebook / Twitter). 

    This is the level I want to reach!

  • All Over, USA · Member since 2017 · 689 posts · 756 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Jason Hartman:

    @Jay Hinrichs  yes, Voxer is the best way to communicate ever invented all human history. :-)

    I prefer Whats app.. but then you loved Tesla and I bought two  .. I love mine you hated yours.. then you loved Jetsmarter then did not.

    luckily I did not pull the trigger on that one.. but now that I am in Vegas and when I get back for the full winter run I am going to try it.. 

    LOL... Oh so many first world  problems.  I have gotten off of facebook so have not followed you in a few months.. at least your world wide adventures that look pretty cool  !!!

    Jetsmarter has pay as you go option now. Recent update...

  • Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Fiverr is A great choose for quick and cheap tasks you can also checkout freelancer.com (similar to fiverr) the only problem is that you are not allowed to speak with your website developer and all communications must go through their chat system.

    However upwork.com is the only platform I know that you can get in touch with a developer that you are allowed to take the job off their platform and have a phone/skype conversation with your site developer.

    You should checkout past reviews and profiles from different developers and you can find very high qualified developers to build you a very professional site for just a few hundred buck (penny's) I have used some of them my self and they are great! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.